10348NAT Graduate Certificate in Professional Supervision (Clinical)(Pastoral)
Alphacrucis College is pleased to host St Marks National Theological Centre in the delivery of:
Graduate Certificate in Professional Supervision (Clinical) (Pastoral) 10348NAT
St Marks RTO provides nationally recognised training in Professional Supervision accredited with the Australian Qualifications Framework. This course is also a Recognised Supervisor Training program by the Australasian Association of Supervision
This post-graduate level course gives counsellors, chaplains and ministry workers the opportunity to study the theory and practice of professional supervision in settings relevant to their role and occupation.
The clinical stream is designed for experienced counselling clinicians who wish to develop their supervision abilities and practice, and meets the PACFA 2012 standards for supervision training.
The pastoral stream is for experienced pastors, chaplains and ministry workers who are supervising pastors, chaplains and church workers in pastoral settings, and enables the integration of supervision theory and practice within a theological framework.
The course will be run in 8 x 6 hr teaching sessions spread over one year. Using inductive teaching methods, each teaching session will comprise theory and practise sessions on a variety of supervision theories and methods, along with consideration of topics essential for supervisors e.g. legal and ethical responsibilities. Personal home study will supplement the teaching sessions.
Students are required to work with one external supervisee for at least 10 supervision sessions during the course.
Delivery Mode: Mixed Mode – online and classroom
Delivery: 4 x 2 Day Intensives Monday/Tuesday
Professional Entry Requirements
(All applicants must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in their relevant field)
Choose from either the Clinical or Pastoral Stream:
Clinical Stream - Documents to submit:
1. Certified copies of previous awards gained: An undergraduate degree or higher qualification in Counselling, Psychotherapy, Psychology, Social Work, Social Science or equivalent.
3. One professional reference attesting to 5 years’ clinical experience.
Pastoral Stream - Documents to submit:
1. Certified copies of previous awards gained: An accredited Diploma or Advanced Diploma level or higher qualification in Theology or Ministry or equivalent.
Eg. Diploma of Ministry (Chaplaincy)
2. Proof of minimum 5 years ministry experience: Resume plus one professional reference attesting to 5 years’ ministry experience.
3. Demonstration of experience in a pastoral counselling or chaplaincy environment involving the self-directed application of relevant knowledge and a range of communication and counselling or chaplaincy skills through provision of two of the following:
• A ministry role/job description, OR
• Two professional or pastoral references: References must outline experience in a pastoral counselling or chaplaincy environment involving the self-directed application of relevant knowledge and a range of communication and counselling or chaplaincy skills, OR
• An accredited Certificate IV or higher level qualification in counselling or pastoral care, OR
• Recording of a pastoral counselling or chaplaincy session (a 30 minute clinical or pastoral counselling or chaplaincy session with a 500 word critique of that session (this should be a live session, not a role play, recorded with the person’s written consent).
To enrol in the Graduate Certificate in Professional Supervision:
To download a Graduate Certificate in Professional Supervision brochure:
Complete Fee Schedules and FEE-HELP information (where appropriate) for all Alphacrucis courses can be found in our Documents section, under the Fees and FEE-HELP Information link.