Find out how Alphacrucis College is monitoring and responding to the Coronavirus outbreak. Scroll down for the latest information. New information will be added below as it becomes available.
Statement to the Students - 24/03/2020
Further to my last update on March 16, I wish to provide additional information about how Alphacrucis College will continue to operate through the current health challenge. Our priority is the health and success of you, our students, and we are seeking to make wise decisions that keep you safe and enable you to continue you studies.
In light of recent announcements by both the Prime Minister and State Premiers asking people to avoid unnecessary travel, and in anticipation of more stringent restrictions on public movement in the days ahead, all College classes will move online from next Monday, 30 March 2020.
What this will mean in practice:
- Normal face-to-face College classes will be held, unless your lecturer has made alternative arrangements directly with you.
- Lecturing staff will be working hard to finalise preparations for next week’s fully remote delivery.
- It is important to note that Moodle remains the source of truth for your subjects and any relevant links (to Zoom tutorials or similar) or information will be provided there.
- Look out for message from Student Support Centre on Moodle regarding where you can get help and further assistance.
- All subjects will be delivered remotely. In most cases, lecturers will be available remotely to students during normal scheduled times for content delivery, discussion and engagement. Your lecturer will provide further details.
- If there is an exception to the move to online (e.g. practical placements or subjects with specific contact hour requirements), social distancing precautions will be put in place. Again, your lecturer will provide further details.
We understand that this may lead to some questions, so as per normal, please direct any queries or requests for assistance to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are closely following information provided by officials and taking every precaution to ensure the safety and success of our staff and students, while delivering the high quality learning experience you expect from Alphacrucis College. You are probably aware that many other universities and colleges are taking similar steps.
Let me encourage you to continue to approach 2020 with great faith in God. We will provide you every possible support as you continue your study. I believe we can take the necessary steps to protect our health, whilst at the same time remaining fully committed to accomplishing all that God has called us to do.
President of Alphacrucis College,
Professor Stephen Fogarty
Library Accessibility - 25/03/2020
In response to further guidance in the PM’s address on Tuesday night (24/3), and keeping your wellbeing as our priority, the AC campus library facilities will be closed to patrons effective 5PM on Thursday, March 26th, until further notice. But do not worry, we are offering most of our normal services.
Here are the services you can continue to access:
- To request a loan, email the library. We will retrieve it, loan it to you and arrange for contactless pick-up outside the campus library = Library ‘take away’!
- To request a copy of a chapter in a book, fill in the Collection Copy Request Form and we'll email it to you
- Additional resources are also available through our online databases accessible via Moodle
- Ebook access continues as normal
- Access to librarians for questions via email continues as normal – starting next week, you can contact a librarian via a chat feature in Moodle for synchronous conversation during business hours.
In summary, we are still here to support you in your studies (from a socially appropriate distance, of course)!
Kerrie Stevens, Director of Library Services
Special April Online Intake - 26/03/2020
We have recently received an increased number of enquiries from students about taking on extra subjects, or new students wanting to start in this season.
To accommodate this increased demand, we are opening up a special online-only intake on April 6th.
Courses Available for April 6th Start :
- Diploma of Leadership
- Diploma of Ministry
- Bachelor of Ministry
- Bachelor of Theology
- Graduate Certificate of Arts
- Graduate Diploma of Arts
- Master of Arts
- Diploma of Music Industry
- Diploma of Chaplaincy
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Social Science
Also, a number of our education courses are also available for April 27th start.
Courses Available for April 27th Start :
- Diploma of Arts (Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- Masters of Teaching (Primary)
- Masters of Teaching (Secondary)
FEE-HELP is available for eligible students (all Australian Citizens, residents who hold a Permanent Humanitarian Visa and some New Zealand citizens). For more information about these loans including eligibility criteria please go to https://www.ac.edu.au/financing-your-study/ or the Study Assist website.
Chaplaincy Courses - 27/03/2020
** Chaplaincy Courses and COVID-19 **
Chaplaincy 2 and 3-day intensives will continue as scheduled via live online platform. 5-day Intensives TBA.