Prof Alanna NobbsExternal Supervisor
Contact Alanna Nobbs
Professor Alanna Nobbs AM concluded her BA Hons1(Latin) (1966) and PhD (Latin) (1973) at the University of Sydney, having also studied at Birkbeck College, University of London, under Professor Robert Browning She taught part-time at Sydney University (1967-8) and at Macquarie University full-time from 1970-2011, part time 2012-2015. Retired May 2017 and is now Emeritus Professor.
Her fields of research and teaching include Classical languages (Greek and Latin); Greek papyri especially those documenting the Christianisation of Egypt; late antique Roman and early Byzantine history and historiography; and the historical background of the New Testament and Early Christianity.
- Nobbs, A., (2017). Into All The World. .
- Nobbs, A. (2020). Digressions in Procopius In Greatrez G., & Janniard S, Le Monde de Procope / The World of Procopius (pp. 163-171). Éditions de Boccard, France.
- Nobbs, A., (2018). Communication within a dysfunctional family in Late Antique Egypt In Keimer, K.H & Davis, G., Registers and Modes of Communication in the Ancient Near East, (pp. 220-227). Routledge, United Kingdom.
- Nobbs, A. (2016). The First Named Christian Accountant? In Lieu S.N.C & McKechnie, P. (eds), Aspects of the Roman East: papers in honour of Sir Fergus Millar FBA vol.2 (pp. 212-221). Brepols: Turnhout, Belgium.
- Nobbs, A., (2017). Editorial. Classicum, 43.1.
- Nobbs, A. (2014). A Problem like Maria: further reflections on Christian onomastic practices. Buried History: The Journal of the Australian Institute of Archaeology, 50 17-20.
- Nobbs, A. (2020). “Ecumenism Then and Now". , 107-110.
- Rowling, G., Unknown (Doctoral Thesis)
- Choi, H. G., Unknown (Doctoral Thesis), 2018
- Kidson, L., Unknown (Doctoral Thesis), 2018
- Yeates, P., Unknown (Doctoral Thesis), 2018
- Macdonald, S., Unknown (Doctoral Thesis), 2017
- Loftus, S., Unknown (Doctoral Thesis), 2015
If you’d like to contact Alanna, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.