Associate Professor Anthony WareExternal Supervisor
Contact Anthony Ware
Doctor of Philosophy (Deakin University)
Dissertation Title Context-Sensitive Development: How International NGOs Operate in Myanmar” 2012
Master of Anthropology (Asia Pacific Theological Seminary) 2004
Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (Deakin University) 2011
Bachelor of Science (Chemistry/Genetics) (University of Melbourne) 1989
- Ware, A. & Laoutides, C. (2018). Myanmar’s ‘Rohingya’ Conflict. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Ware, A. & Clarke, M. (eds) (2017). Development Across Faith Boundaries. London: Routledge.
- Ware, V. & Ware, A. (2019). Working Towards Social Inclusion via Everyday Peacebuilding within community Development in Rakhine State, Myanmar In A Taket & B Crisp (ed),, Sustaining Social Inclusion (pp. ). London: Routledge.
- Ware, A. & Ware, V. (2018). Critical Consciousness-Raising Amongst Poor Rakhine Villages in Rural Myanmar In N Yu (ed), Consciousness-Raising for Social Justice and Human Rights: Lessons for Social Work, Community Development and Social Pedagogy (pp. ). London: Routledge.
- Ware, A. (2018). Awareness-Raising as Community Development: Theory, Case study and Innovation in Myanmar In S Kenny, R Phillips and B McGrath (eds), The Routledge Handbook of Community Development: Perspectives from Around the Globe (pp. 115-130). London: Routledge.
- Clarke, M. & Ware, A. (2017). Crossing the Faith Boundary In Ware, A. & Clarke, M. (eds.), Development Across Faith Boundaries (pp. 3-15). London: Routledge.
- Ware, A. & Thein Nyunt, P. (2017). Development amidst Communal Conflict: Case study of a Christian FBO in a Buddhist-Muslim conflict region in Myanmar In A Ware & M Clarke (eds), Development Across Faith Boundaries (pp. 50-66). London: Routledge.
- Ware, A. & Clarke, M. (2017). Faith and Crossing Boundaries: Implications for development policy and practice In A. Ware & M. Clarke (eds.), Development Across Faith Boundaries (pp. 173-184). London: Routledge.
- Ware, A. (2016). Origins of Buddhist Nationalism in Myanmar/Burma? An urban history of religious space, social integration and marginalisation in colonial Rangoon after 1852 In Y Narayanan (ed), Religion and Urbanism: Reconceptualising Sustainable Cities for South Asia (pp. 27-45). London: Routledge.
- Laoutides, C. & Ware, A. (2016). Re-examining the Centrality of Ethnic Identity to the Kachin Conflict” In N Cheesman, & N Farrelly (eds), Conflict in Myanmar: War, Politics, Religion (pp. 47-66). Singapore: Institute for South-East Asia Studies Publications (ISEAS).
- Ware, A. (2015). Secessionist Aspects to the Buddhist-Muslim Sectarian Conflict in Rakhine State, Myanmar In D Kingsbury & C Laoutides (eds), Territorial Separatism and Global Politics (pp. 153-168). London: Routledge.
- Ware, A. & Laoutides, C. (2019). Myanmar’s Rohingya Conflict as an ‘Intractable Conflict’—Analysis and Implications for International Agencies. Peacekeeping, .
- Ware, A. (2019). A Participatory Conflict/Context Analysis for Conflict-Sensitivity? Considering local peacebuilding agency and the transformational value of participation. Third World Quarterly, .
- Ware, A. & Ginty, R. Mac (2019). Everyday Peace after Ethnic Cleansing? Application amongst the Rohingya remaining in Rakhine State Myanmar after the 2017-18 violence. Conflict, Security & Development, 50, no. 1.
- Ware, A. & Laoutides, C. (2019). Myanmar’s 'Rohingya' Conflict: Misconceptions, complexity, intractability, drivers. Asian Affairs, 50, no. 1.
- Ware, A. & Laoutides, C. (2019). Is There No Resolution in Myanmar’s Rohingya Conflict. Asia Policy, 14, no. 1 197-202.
- Ware, V., Ware, A. & Clarke, M. (2016). Domains of Faith Impact: How ‘Faith’ is perceived to shape Faith-Based International Development Organisations. Development in Practice, 26, no. 3 321-333.
- What is Myanmar’s Rohingya conflict about? Why does Aung San Suu Kyi respond as she does? What should we do about it? (2018), Berwick Probus, Berwick, Australia, 21 Aug 2018
- Rakhine’s Past, Myanmar’s Future: Beyond the Rohingya Crisis (2018), Institute of Security and International Studies Thailand, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand, 02 Aug 2018
- The Rakhine-'Rohingya' conflict in Myanmar: Domestic and international mobility issues (2016), Mobilities, Peace, and Conflict, 2016 Conference of the International Association for Peace and Conflict Studies and ECPR Standing Group on Critical Peace and Conflict Studies, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland, 15 Sep 2016
- Research, Issues & Challenges into Contemporary Post-Conflict Development‘ (2016), Winning the Peace and PostConflict Reconstruction Workshop: How can peaceful, stable and legitimate states be built in the aftermath of conflict? Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia, 29 Aug 2016
If you’d like to contact Anthony, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.