Rev. Dr Damon AdamsSenior Lecturer
Contact Damon Adams
Damon originally trained as a Presbyterian minister and was later ordained as a Pentecostal minister. Damon has lectured in Historical Theology, John Knox Theological College, Sydney; Theology, Biblical Studies and Church History, Tabor College, Tasmania; and is currently Senior Lecturer in Theology, Biblical Studies and Church History at Alphacrucis College, Hobart Campus, Tasmania. Additionally, Damon is presently the History Subject Coordinator at Alphacrucis. Damon holds a PhD in Theology.
Ph.D (Tabor College, Adelaide)
Dissertation Title The Obstacles and Tributaries of Pentecostalism in Tasmania 2014
Grad Cert Christian Ed. (National Institute of Christian Education) 2011
Grad Dip Theology (Distinction) (Harvest Bible College, Victoria) 2009
Teaching Certificate (NSW Department of Education) 1993
Grad Dip Ed.(Distinction) (University Western Sydney) 1992
Theology & Ministry Cert (John Knox Theological College, Sydney) 1987
BA (History, English & Philosophy) (Macquarie University) 1980
Church History - Early Church through to Contemporary Church
Biblical Narrative; Narrative Theology; Narrative Exegesis; Narrative Criticism
Biblical and Theological Paradox
Biblical Parallelism and Poetry
Exegesis and Hermeneutics
Field of Research
- 2204 Religion and Religious Studies
- Adams, D. S.(2019). Karl Barth’s Influence on Contemporary Christian Universalism In Pierre Maury, Simon Hattrell, Election, Barth and the French Connection: How Pierre Maury gave a ‘decisive impetus’ to Karl Barth’s doctrine of election (pp. 190-217). Wipf & Stock, Eugene, Oregon.
- Damon Adams (2018). The Reverends H. E. & H. MacNeil Saunders and the Sheffield Revival of 1923 - 24, Tasmania. LUCAS : An Evangelical History Review, Series 2, No. 11, June 2018 71 - 90.
- Adams, D. S.(2017). Divine Healing in Australian Protestantism, 1870–1940. Journal of Religious History, vol 41, Issue 3, (2017) 346-363. | Link to journal
- Adams, D. S.(2017). The Formal Establishment of Pentecostalism in Tasmania 1930-1933. Australasian Pentecostal Studies Journal, vol 19, (2017) 55 - 85. | Link to journal
- Adams, D. S.(2016). Early Pentecostal Stirrings in Tasmania, 1910-1933. Australasian Pentecostal Studies Journal, vol 18, (2016). | Link to journal
- Adams, D. S.(1985). The Cambuslang Revival and George Whitfield. The Protestant Review, 1985, February.
- Adams, D. S.(1981). A Heart For God by Sinclair B. Ferguson. The Protestant Review, 1985, June.
- Adams, D. S.(1981). The Role of Presbyterianism in English Puritanism. The Protestant Review, 1981, January.
Barth's Influence on Contemporary Christian Universalism (2020), Tasmanian Book Launch "Karl Barth, Election and the French Connection', Hobart, 20 Feb 2020
Co-presenter: Dr Leo Stossich
- Damon S Adams (2018). Reshaping the Gospel:? The Rise of Ultimate Reconciliation. , . | Link to journal
Evangelical History Association (since 2017)
Evangelical Theological Society (since 2015)
Religious History Association (since 2016)
Royal Historical Society (since 2020)
Society of Biblical Literature (since 2015)
- BIB001 Introduction to the Bible
- BIB007 Introduction to Israel’s Scriptures
- BIB008 Introduction to the New Testament
- BIB102 Introduction to Israel's Scriptures (Old Testament)
- BIB103 Introduction to the New Testament
- BIB201 Biblical Hermeneutics
- COM504 Preaching and Public Communication
- HIS101 History of Christianity
- HIS210 Pentecostal and Charismatic Christianity
- HIS302 Early and Medieval Christian History
- HIS401 History of Christianity
- HIS502 Early and Medieval Christianity
- HIS510 Renewal Movements in Christianity
- MIN003 Preaching
- MIN203 Preaching
- THE001 Christian Worldview
- THE101 Christian Worldview
- Musgrove, L, Methodist Conversion in Early Tasmania (Masters Project/Thesis)
- Murray, A, Renewal Movement In Tasmania (Masters Project/Thesis)
- Zach, S. A., Nature and Significance of Biblical Sabbath Rest in the Life of a Believer. (Masters Project/Thesis), 2019
If you’d like to contact Damon, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.