Dr Elizabeth BeechDirector of Graduate Studies
Contact Elizabeth Beech
- Research Interests
- Research Publications
- Contact Elizabeth
Beth recently returned to Australia after establishing new Graduate Studies Programs in Organizational Leadership and Marriage and Family Therapy at Toccoa Falls College in northeast Georgia, USA.
Previously, Beth was the Academic Dean of the National Institute for Christian Education (NICE) in New South Wales, the postgraduate arm of Christian Education National. Her passion is instilling a transformative biblical worldview perspective in education and leadership related to teaching, curriculum, administration, and school governance throughout Australia and beyond. Beth previously served as assistant director of international and multicultural programs at Palm Beach Atlantic University before originally moving to Australia in 2015.
Beth spent 21 years on the mission field in Bolivia, South America, where she raised four children while church-planting in the rural Andes mountains. She later served in various roles at the Universidad Evangelica Boliviana, participating in teaching and university administration as well as overseeing the establishment of accreditation procedures and other projects.
Elizabeth (Beth) Beech is the Director of Graduate Studies for the School of Education.
PhD (Regent University)
Dissertation Title ). Servant leadership in Bolivia: A phenomenological study of long-term effects of a founding servant leader on two educational organizations 2011
MTh Studies (Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) 2017
MA (Soc.Sci.) (Azusa Pacific University) 1999
BA (Sociology) (Asbury University) 1984
- Beech, G. R. & Beech, E. G.(2019). Research as the un-hiding of God’s knowledge. African Journal for Transformational Scholarship, 3 3-12.
- Beech, G. R. & Beech, E. G.(2019). An ‘integrality’ model for teaching. International Christian Community of Teacher Educators (ICCTE) Journal, Vol. 14, No. 1 1-7. | Link to journal
- Beech, G. R. & Beech, E. G.(2018). A redefinition of leadership: What on Earth did we think we were doing?. Christian Teachers Journal, Vol. 26, No. 1 8-11.
- Beech, G. R. & Beech, E. G.(2016). Lehrkunst: Deep learning for transformation. Christian Teachers Journal, Vol. 24, No. 3 16-18.
- Towards a conceptual model for Biblical transformative online learning (2019), ACHEA Research Conference, Brisbane, Australia, 02 Aug 2019
A Kuyperian idea, and the allusive ideal, of community in education (2019), Kuyper Conference: Christ and Community, Grand Rapids, USA, 23 Apr 2019
Co-presenter: Beech, G.
- Divinely appointed restorative leadership for a fallen world (2018), IAPCHE All Africa Conference on Integral Christian Scholarship in Africa, Potchefstroom, South Africa, 06 Nov 2018
- Photo elicitation metaphors for determining postgraduate course efficacy (2018), Conference Proceedings, International Conference for Christian Educators: Modelling Christ's Love and Hope in Professional Practice, Tauranga, New Zealand, 11 Apr 2018
From integration to integrity (2018), Christian mind in the emerging world: Academic faith integration in Asian contexts from a global perspective, Hong Kong, 25 Jan 2018
Co-presenter: Beech, G.
- Leadership in the English Language Classroom (2012), XXI Convention on Teaching and Learning English, Santa Cruz, Bolivia, 07 Sep 2012
- Beech, G. & Beech, E. (2019). Transforming elephants: Deep transformation in Christian schooling. Lifeworld Education: Sydney.
- Beech, G. R., & Beech E. G.(2018). From integration to integrity In W. T. Leung, P. T. M. Ng, & V. K. T. Mak (Eds.), Christian mind in the emerging world: Academic faith integration in Asian contexts from a global perspective (pp. 90-113). Cambridge Scholars Publishing: Newcastle, UK.
- Beech, E., Abi-Hashem, N. & Driscoll, E. G.(2013). Cultural anthropology In K. D. Keith (Ed.), Encyclopedia of cross-cultural psychology (pp. ). Wiley-Blackwell: Malden, MA.
- Beech, E., Abi-Hashem, N. & Driscoll, E. G.(2013). Schwartz, Shalom—Power, Security, Tradition In K. D. Keith (Ed.), Encyclopedia of cross-cultural psychology (pp. ). Wiley-Blackwell: Malden, MA.
- Beech, E., Abi-Hashem, N. & Driscoll, E. G.(2013). Gardiner, Harry W. In K. D. Keith (Ed.), Encyclopedia of cross-cultural psychology (pp. ). Wiley-Blackwell: Malden, MA.
- Beech, E., Abi-Hashem, N. & Driscoll, E. G.(2013). Mishra, Ramesh C. In K. D. Keith (Ed.), Encyclopedia of cross-cultural psychology (pp. ). Wiley-Blackwell: Malden, MA.
Australian Council for Educational Leaders (ACEL) (since 2018)
Christian Educators Professional Association (since 2018)
Scholarly Christian Educators Group (since 2018)
- CRS402 Economics Curriculum: Part A
- CRS403 Curriculum Studies – English: Part A
- CRS411 Curriculum Studies – Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part A
- CRS412 Curriculum Studies – Geography: Part A
- CRS413 Curriculum Studies – History: Part A
- CRS414 Curriculum Studies – Mathematics: Part A
- CRS418 Curriculum Studies – Information and Software Technology
- CRS431 Curriculum Studies – Drama: Part A
- CRS432 Media: Part A
- CRS433 Curriculum Studies – Music: Part A
- CRS435 Curriculum Studies – Visual Arts: Part A
- CRS441 Curriculum Studies: Integrated Sciences
- CRS450 Curriculum Studies – Commerce
- CRS451 Accounting: Part A
- CRS502 Curriculum Studies – Economics
- CRS503 Curriculum Studies – English: Part B
- CRS511 Curriculum Studies – Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part B
- CRS512 Curriculum Studies – Geography: Part B
- CRS513_ARCHIVED Curriculum Studies – History: Part B
- CRS514 Curriculum Studies – Mathematics: Part B
- CRS518 Curriculum Studies – Information Processes and Technology
- CRS531 Curriculum Studies – Drama: Part B
- CRS532 Curriculum Studies – Studies of Religion
- CRS533 Curriculum Studies – Music: Part B
- CRS535 Curriculum Studies – Visual Arts: Part B
- CRS550 Curriculum Studies – Business Studies
- CRS551 Accounting: Part B
- EDU401 Foundations in Christian Learning and Teaching
- EDU403 Language and Literacy
- EDU404 Years K-2 Reading and Writing
- EDU405 Postgraduate Research and Writing
- EDU424 Australian Indigenous and Multicultural Education
- EDU500 Professional Experience A, B & C
- EDU502 History and Geography
- EDU511 Personal Development, Health and Physical Education
- EDU512 Science and Technology
- EDU513 Learning and Teaching English
- EDU514 Learning and Teaching Mathematics: Part A
- EDU515 Learning and Teaching Mathematics: Part B
- EDU521 Creative Arts
- EDU522 The Self-Reflective Educator
- EDU523 Inclusive Education
- EDU524 Learning Theories in Practice
- EDU540 Learning and Teaching, Theory and Practice
- EDU541 Differentiated Curriculum and Learning Management
- EDU542 Learning and Teaching through ICT
- EDU545 Educational Policy Development
- RES502 Action Research
- White, T, TBA (MPhil thesis)
- Arthur, S, Inquiry into teachers’ preparedness working with students who have neurodiverse needs (MPhil thesis)
If you’d like to contact Elizabeth, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.