Dr Garry GannellSessional Lecturer
Contact Garry Gannell
Dr Garry Gannell is a Sessional Lecturer for Alphacrucis College in Education.
Dr Garry Gannell has worked in Christian Education (in CCS/CSA schools in NSW) from
1981 to 2014. During this time, he taught secondary students, mainly in the Physical
Education, Social Science, Computing areas (including a period where he was a Senior
Marker of HSC Computing Studies). He was also a Deputy Principal for six years and
Principal of K-12 schools for 22 years. His doctoral studies explored leadership of
Christian Schools in NSW, with a specific focus on the experiences of first time
principals in their first 12 months in the role. During this time, Garry also served on
CCS/State Council for multiple terms, and was the inaugural Chair of what ultimately
became the NSW Christian Schools Sports Association. He was also the inaugural Chair
of the NSW Christian School Teacher Accreditation Committee, responsible for
establishing policy and procedures leading to the Accreditation of Teachers at the
levels of "Highly Accomplished" and "Lead" levels on behalf of (then) NSW BOSTES.
Another significant task that this committee developed under his leadership was the
development of Christian Distinctive Standards, aligned with the BOSTES/NESA
Teacher Accreditation Standards.
Garry finished full time Principalship at the end of 2013 and, since then, has increased
his commitment to supporting tertiary institutions and their students, mentoring
emerging leaders, consulting to schools and acting as a locum for a Principal on leave
for one school term.
DEd (University of Wollongong) 2004
MEd (College of Christian Higher Education) 2000
GradDipEduStud (Riverina-Murray Institute of Higher Education) 1988
BEd (PDHPE) (University of Wollongong) 1987
DipPDHPE (Wollongong Institue of Education) 1981
Certificate in Theology (Moore Theological College) 1993
- Gannell, G (2017). Physical and Health Education In Goodlet, K., Collier, J., George, T, Better Learning: Trajectories for educators in Christian Schools (pp. ). St Marks National Theological Centre.
- CRS211 Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part A
- CRS231 Curriculum Studies – Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part A
- CRS311 Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part B
- CRS331 Curriculum Studies – Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part B
- CRS411 Curriculum Studies – Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part A
- CRS511 Curriculum Studies – Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part B
If you’d like to contact Garry, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.