Dr Lyn KidsonSessional Lecturer in New Testament
Contact Lyn Kidson
On staff with Campus crusade for Christ (Student Life) from 1994 until 2001. Children and family pastor at Wentworthville Baptist church 2009-2010.
Master of Divinity from Sydney Missionary and Bible College and Master of Arts in Early Christianity at Macquarie University. PhD from Macquarie University (2018).
Ph.D (Macquarie University)
Dissertation Title The Rhetorical Strategies of the First Chapter of 1 Timothy: The Relationship of the First Chapter to the Purpose of the Letter 2018
Pastoral Epistles, Rhetoric in the NT, Letterwriting, numistmatics; gender, households and wealth in early Christianity.
- Lyn M. Kidson (2018). “The Woman at the Well, Jesus, and Prejudice in Samaria (John 4: 3—43),” In J. Harrison and P. Bolt, The Impact of Jesus of Nazareth: Historical, Theological, and Pastoral Perspectives. (pp. ). .
- Lyn M. Kidson (2016). “‘Teaching’ and Other Persuasions: The Interpretation of Didaskein ‘to Teach’ in 1 Timothy 2:2.” In E. Murphy and D. Starling., The Gender Conversation: Evangelical Perspective on Gender, Scripture and the Christian Life. (pp. ). .
- Lyn M. Kidson (2017). “Anonymous Coins, the Great Persecution and the Shadow of Sossianus Hierocles.". Journal of Ancient Civilizations, 32.
- Lyn Kidson (2014). “1 Timothy: An Administrative Letter.”. Early Christianity, 5.1.
- Lyn Kidson (2013). "Minting in Ephesus: Economics and Self-promotion in the Early Imperial Period.”. Journal of the Numismatic Association of Australia, . | External link
Fellowship of Biblical Studies (since 2014)
Society of Biblical Literature (since 2018)
If you’d like to contact Lyn, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.