Rev. Dr Oh-Young KwonDean of Korean Language Programs
Contact Oh-Young Kwon
- Research Interests
- Research Publications
- Contact Oh-Young
DTh (Melbourne College of Divinity affiliated with the University of Melbourne)
Dissertation Title 1 Corinthians 1-4: A Rhetorical and Social Analysis and its Evaluation from a Korean Confucian Christian Context 2009
MTh (Melbourne College of Divinity)
Dissertation Title Works of Law (Erga Nomou): Interpretation from the New Perspective on Paul and its Evaluation in a Korean Confucian Context 2004
MDiv in Biblical Studies (Asian Theological Seminary, Philippines) 2001
BA (Korea Baptist Theological University) 1994
Paul and the first-century Greco-Roman world, Bible reading in multicultral contexts, intercultural dialogue between the first century Christians and 21st century Christians, women and sexuality in Roman Corinth and comfort women issues in Asain counturies today...
• Member of Society of Biblical Literature
• Member Fellowship for Biblical Studies (Vic)
• Member Korean Evangelical Theological Society
• Member Society of Asian Biblical Studies
- Kwon, O.Y.(2010). 1 Corinthians 14 Reconstructing Its Social and Rhetorical Situation and Re-Reading It Cross-Culturally for Korean Confucian Christians Today. Wipf and Stocks Publishers, Eugene, Oregon. | External link
- Kwon. O.Y.(2009). 1 Corinthians 12:12-13: An Ethnic Analysis and its Evaluation from a Korean-Ethnocentric (danil minjok) Christian Context In Lee Yeong Mee and Yoo Yoon Jong, Mapping and Engaging the Bible in Asian Cultures (pp. 123-39). the Christian Literature Society of Korea, Seoul, Korea.
- Kwon. O.Y.(2010). Discovering the Characteristics of Collegia - Collegia Sodalicia and Collegia Tenuiorum in 1 Corinthians 8, 10 and 15. Horizons in Biblical Theology, 2010 166-182.
- Kwon, O.Y.(2010). A Critical Review of Recent Scholarship on the Pauline Opposition and the Nature of its Wisdom (sophia) in 1 Corinthians 1-4. Currents in Biblical Research, 8.3 386-427.
- Discovering the Characteristics of Collegia - Collegia Sodalicia and Collegia Tenuiorum in 1 Corinthians 8-10 and 15 (2009), SBL International Meeting: Celebrating the Centenary of the PBI, Rome, Italy, 02 Jul 2009
- A Confucian Giant: A Contribution of the Legacy of Wisdom and its Social Consequences in 21st century Korea (2008), Asian Pacific Research Council – Asia Pacific Future Network Signature Event, the Globalising Religion and Culture in Asia-Pacific Conference, Adelaide, SA, 03 Dec 2008
- A Contribution of Cicero's legacy to the Reconstruction of the rhetorical situation of 1 Corinthians (2008), Society of Biblical Literature International Meeting program unit Paul and Pauline Literature, Auckland, New Zealand, 11 Aug 2008
- 1 Corinthians 12:12-13: An Ethnic Analysis and its Evaluation from a Korean Ethnocentric Christian Context (2008), Society of Asian Biblical Studies Conference, Seoul, Korea, 16 Jul 2008
- 1 Corinthians 1-4: A Rhetorical and Social Analysis and its Evaluation from a Korean-Confucian Context (2007), MCD Research School, Melbourne, Australia, 01 Jul 2007
- 1 Corinthians 1-4: A Rhetorical and Social Analysis and its Evaluation from a Korean-Confucian Context (2006), Melbourne, Australia, 01 Aug 2006
- Kwon, O.Y.(2007). 1 Corinthians 1-4: A Rhetorical and Social Analysis and its Evaluation from a Korean-Confucian Context. , .
If you’d like to contact Oh-Young, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.