Dr Philip DoeckeExternal Supervisor
Contact Philip Doecke
PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
Dissertation Title Discourse on Primary School Physical Education Curriculum Development in Papua New Guinea 2006
MEd (Northern Territory University)
Dissertation Title Geographical Influences Upon Curriculum Development: A Study of Environmental Intrusion Upon Physical Education and Other Educational Outdoor Activities in Northern Territory Schools 1993
GradDipTheol (Education) (Lutheran Teachers College) 1993
BEd (Darwin Institute of Technology) 1989
DipTeach (South Australian College of Advanced Education) 1984
Education, Curriculum, Physical Education, Health Education, Special Education, Teacher Education, International Studies
- Doecke, P. J.(2006). Discourse on Primary School Physical Education Curriculum Development in Papua New Guinea. . | External link
- Doecke, P.J. et al (1999). Physical Education for Melanesia: Secondary Student Workbook. Oxford University Press: Melbourne.
- Doecke, P. J.(1997). Elementary Physical Education Unit: Certificate in Elementary Teaching. Department of Education: Port Moresby..
- Doecke, P. J.(1992). Geographical Influences Upon Curriculum Development: A Study of Environmental Intrusion Upon Physical Education and Other Educational Outdoor Activities in Northern Territory Schools. . | External link
- Doecke, P. J.(2019). Providing for the Needs of Young People with Disability in Lebanon In S. Halder and V. Agyropoulos (eds.), Inclusion, Equity and Access for Individuals with Disabilities: Insights from Educators Across the World (pp. Chapter 27). Palgrave Macmillan Publishing: Singapore.
- Doecke, P. J.(2016). Contemporary Special Education In T. Barkatsas & A. Bertram (eds.), Global Learning in the 21st Century (pp. 185-212). Sense Publishers: Rotterdam.
- Doecke, P.J.(2001). Papua New Guinea In Doris Corbett, John Cheffers and Eileen Crowley Sullivan (eds.), Unique Games and Sports Around the World (pp. 370-379). Greenwood Press: Westport.
- Doecke, P. J.(1995). Physical Education Teacher Education in Papua New Guinea: Facing Critical Developmental Challenges In , The 38th World ICHPER*SD Congress Proceedings (pp. 57-59). University of Florida, Gainesville.
- Doecke, P. J.(1993). Solar Radiation as a Potential Hazard to Outdoor Activities In , Proceedings, 19th ACHPER Conference (pp. ). Darwin.
- Doecke, P.J. and Rodwell, G. (1989). Education and Schooling at Finke River Mission, Hermannsburg, NT: A Brief Historical Review Showing Major Areas of Background, Influences and Development In D.C. Cavanagh & G.W. Rodwell (eds.), Point Counter Point (pp. ). Northern Territory University.
- Doecke, P.J.(2016). Meeting the Need for Special Education Teacher Education: Universities Can Make It Difficult. An Australian Case. International Journal of Technology and Inclusive Education, Vol. 5, No. 2 842-849.
- Doecke, P. J.(1999). An Uncertain Future for Physical Education in Papua New Guinea Schools. Journal of the International Council for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport & Dance, Vol. 35, No. 2 11-16.
- Doecke, P. J.(1995). Secondary Physical Education Teacher Education in Papua New Guinea. Pacific Curriculum Network, Vol. 4, No. 2 8-10.
- Doecke, P.J. and Wut-Hou, C. (1995). Physical Education Reform in Papua New Guinea: Introducing a Corporate Model Into the Curriculum. PNG Journal of Teacher Education, Vol. 2, No. 1 23-26.
- Grace and Disability: Biblical models for inclusive leadership (2016), Exclusion and Embrace: Disability, Justice and Spirituality Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 22 Aug 2016
- Special Education Teacher Education: Grasping the Potential (2016), Australian Association of Special Education and Principals’ Association of Specialist School 2016 Joint National Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 10 Jun 2016
- Special Education Teacher Education in Australia: Confronting Concerns, Constraints and Challenges (2015), World Congress on Special Needs Education 2015, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA, 18 Aug 2015
- Inclusive physical education: Kids understanding the learning needs of classmates with disability (2015), ACHPER International Conference, Adelaide, Australia, 14 Apr 2015
- Doecke, P.J.(2006). Book Review: Teaching Sport and Physical Activity: Insights on the Road to Excellence. European Physical Education Review, 12 231-233.
Australian Association for Special Education (since 2014)
Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER) (since 1987)
Christian Society for Kinesiology & Leisure Studies (CSKLS) (since 2002)
- Chamberlain, E., Unknown (Masters Project/Thesis)
- Hanna, V., Unknown (Doctoral Thesis)
- Unknown, 3 B Engineering (Bachelors Honours Thesis)
- Yusupov, H., Unknown (Doctoral Thesis), 2019
If you’d like to contact Philip, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.