Associate Professor Philip LeeAssociate Professor of Accounting and Finance, Program Director - Bachelor of Business
Contact Philip Lee
PhD (University of Sydney)
Dissertation Title Initial Public Offers in a Multiple Issue Framework: The Impact of Subsequent Equity Issues on Signalling by Underpricing and Retained Ownership 2003
MCom (University of New South Wales) 1988
BBus (Kuring-gai College of Advanced Education) 1986
Cert IV Frontline Management (Scouts Australia Institute of Training) 2015
Accounting, Finance and Financial Economics
Field of Research
- 1501 Accounting
- 1502 Auditing and Accountability
- 1503 Banking
- 1504 Finance and Investment
- 1505 Business and Management
- Palepu, K., Healy, P., Wright, S., Bradbury, M. and Lee, P. (2014). Business Analysis and Valuation: Using Financial Statements. Boston, MA: Cengage Learning Australia.
- Frost, G., Jones, S. and Lee, P. (2013). The Reality and the Rhetoric: Organisational Sustainability Reporting. Sydney University Press, Australia.
- Frost, G., Jones, S. and Lee, P. (2012). The Collection, Integration and Reporting of Sustainability Information within an Organisation: State of Practice. CPA Australia Ltd, Southbank, Australia..
- Palepu, K., Healy, P., Bernard, V., Wright, S., Bradbury, M. and Lee, P. (2010). Business Analysis and Valuation: Using Financial Statements, 1st Asia-Pacific Edition. Cengage Learning Australia, Sydney.
- Frost, G., Jones, S. and Lee, P. (2012). The Measurement and Reporting of Sustainability Information within the Organization: A Case Analysis In Jones S. and Ratnatunga J., Contemporary Issues in Sustainability Accounting, Assurance and Reporting (pp. ). Emerald Group Publishing.
- Bentwood, S. and Lee, P. (2012). Benchmark Management During Australia's Transition to International Accounting Standards. Abacus, 48, No 1 59-85.
- Dean, G., Gray, R., Lee, P. and Rozenberg, P. (2007). Teaching using Online Resources: Accessing or Creating the Needed Online Resources. Accounting Instructors’ Report, Fall 2007.
- Lee, P., Taylor, S. and Taylor, S. (2006). Auditor Conservatism and Audit Quality: Evidence from Australian IPO Earnings Forecasts. International Journal of Auditing, Volume 10, Issue 3 183-199.
- Bayley, L., Lee P. and Walter, T. (2006). IPO Flipping in Australia: Cross-Sectional Explanations. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Volume 14, Number 4 327-348.
- da Silva Rosa, R., Lee, P., Skott, M. and Walter, T. (2004). Competition in the Market for Takeover Advisers. Australian Journal of Management, Volume 29 Special Issue 61-92.
- Lee, P., Stokes, D., Taylor, S. and Walter, T. (2003). The Association between Auditor Quality and Firm-Specific Risk: Evidence from the Australian IPO Market. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Volume 22 Issue 5 377-400.
- Lee, P., Lee, M. and Taylor, S. (2003). Unit Initial Public Offerings: Staged Equity or Signaling Mechanism. Accounting and Finance, Volume 43, Number 1 63-85.
- Lee, P., Taylor, S. and Walter, T. (1999). IPO Underpricing Explanations: Implications from Investor Application and Allocation Schedules. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Volume 34, Number 4 425-444.
- Lee, P., Taylor, S. and Walter, T. (1996). Australian IPO Pricing in the Short and Long Run. Journal of Banking and Finance, Volume 20, Number 7 1189-1210.
- Lee, P., Taylor, S. and Walter, T. (1996). Expected and Realised Returns for Singaporean IPOs: Initial and Long-run Analysis. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Volume 4, Numbers 2-3 153-180.
- Lee, P., Taylor, S., Yee, M. and Yee, C. (1993). Prospectus Earnings Forecasts: Accuracy and Explanations. Australian Accounting Review, Issue 5, Volume 3, Number 1 21-32.
Exploring Sustainability Considerations in Capital Budgeting Decisions (2012), 11th Australasian Conference on Social and Environmental Accounting Research (A-CSEAR) 2012, Wollongong, Australia, 01 Jan 2012
Co-presenter: Frost, G., and Rooney, J.
Disclosure, Imperfect information and the Development of an Equity Market (2005), Fourth Accounting History International Conference, Braga, Portugal, 09 Sep 2005
Co-presenter: Hutchinson, D.
Teaching using online resources: accessing or creating the needed online resources (2003), The Australasian Legal Information Institute, 5th Conference on Computerisation of Law via the Internet, Sydney, 28 Nov 2003
Co-presenter: Dean, G., Gray, R., and Rozenberg, P.
Getting materials on-line for effective teaching (2003), Australasian Law Teachers Association (ALTA) Conference; Changing Law, Griffith University, Queensland, 01 Jan 2003
Co-presenter: Dean, G., Gray, R., and Rozenberg, P.
CPA Australia (since 1990)
Governance Institute of Australia (since 1990)
- ACC101 Accounting for Decision Making
- ACC201 Accounting and Financial Management
- ACC202 Financial Reporting
- ACC210 Management Accounting
- ACC301 Accounting for Groups
- ACC311 Accounting Theory and Current Issues
- ACC320 Audit and Assurance
- BUS101 Business Law
- BUS102 Economics
- BUS120 Business Information Systems
- BUS202 Financial Decision Making
- BUS204 Business Analytics
- BUS250 Corporations Law
- BUS260 Business Finance
- BUS350 Taxation Law
- HRM202 Human Resource Planning and Development
- HRM302 Performance Management
- LEA201 Leadership Principles
- LEA202 Leadership Principles (Arrow)
- LEA301 Advanced Leadership and Decision Making
- LEA311 Creativity and Entrepreneurship
- MAN101 Introduction to Management
- MAN201 Organisational Behaviour
- MAN311 Strategic Management
- MKT101 Foundations of Marketing
- Leung, H., Unknown (Doctoral Thesis), 2009
If you’d like to contact Philip, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.