Mr Stephen BrintonLecturer in Education; Program Director: Bachelor of Education (Primary and Secondary)/Diploma of Arts
Contact Stephen Brinton
Stephen studied for three years at theological college and completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Queensland prior to training as a primary teacher and then as a teacher-librarian. Initially teaching in public schools, he then worked in the Christian school sector for more than 20 years as a curriculum officer, principal, head of primary and teacher-librarian in a number of Christian schools. Stephen's achievements during this time were the writing of curriculum for schools including a Bible syllabus entitled K-6 Bible Teaching Program and also units of work for HSIE Discovering the Great South Land, and Settling a New Land; and Science from a Christian perspective called God Created the Heavens; the establishment of policies, support structures and professional training for staff in libraries for new Christian schools; and, the relocation and renewal of a small Christian school.
Prior to joining the staff at Alphacrucis College, Stephen was an adjunct lecturer in Christian tertiary education. At Alphacrucis College he is the Program Director for the Bachelor of Education program. In this role, he helped develop and establish the Bachelor of Education (Primary) and developed and established the Bachelor of Education (Secondary).
Currently, he is doing a PhD at the University of Newcastle entitled "Transformational Education: A case study of three Christian schools", researching how three diverse Christian schools engage their students in understanding and applying the transformational teachings of the Bible to their lives.
Stephen is a member of the Australian College of Educators.
PhD (cand) (University of Newcastle)
Dissertation Title Transformational Education: A case study of three Christian schools 2022
Masters of Educational Studies (Christian College of Higher Education) 1998
Graduate Diploma of Teaching (North Brisbane College of Advanced Education) 1979
Bachelor of Arts (University of Queensland) 1978
Associate Diploma in Theology (Baptist Theological College of Queensland) 1978
Stephen's current research interests are education, the Christian school movement in Australia, biblical foundations for Christian schooling, worldviews and their impact on education.
- Brinton, S; Dixon, S, Berg, van den S (1990). Discovering the Great South Land. Christian Community Schools Ltd, Wentworthville, Sydney.
- Brinton. S (1989). Bible Teaching Program. Christian Community Schools Ltd, Wentworthville, Sydney.
- Brinton, S (1988). God created the heavens. Christian Community Schools Ltd, Wentworthville, Sydney.
- Brinton, S. (2016). Learning again what it is to teach. Eternity, 75 16.
- Brinton, S. (2016). Transformational Education or Not!. Crucis, . | External link
Australian College of Educators (since 2017)
Christian Educators’ Professional Association (since 2013)
Scholarly Christian Educatiors’ Group (since 2015)
- CRS103 Language and Literacy
- CRS104 Numeracy and Literacy
- CRS202 History and Geography: Part A
- CRS203 English: Part A
- CRS211 Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part A
- CRS212 Science and Technology: Part A
- CRS214 Mathematics: Part A
- CRS220 Curriculum Studies - English: Part A
- CRS221 Creative Arts: Part A
- CRS222 Curriculum Studies – Geography: Part A
- CRS223 Curriculum Studies – History: Part A
- CRS224 Curriculum Studies – Mathematics: Part A
- CRS228 Curriculum Studies – Information and Software Technology
- CRS231 Curriculum Studies – Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part A
- CRS235 Curriculum Studies – Visual Arts: Part A
- CRS240 Curriculum Studies – Music: Part A
- CRS241 Curriculum Studies – Drama: Part A
- CRS250 Curriculum Studies – Commerce
- CRS302 History and Geography: Part B
- CRS303 English Part B
- CRS311 Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part B
- CRS312 Science and Technology: Part B
- CRS314 Mathematics: Part B
- CRS321 Creative Arts: Part B
- CRS330 Curriculum Studies – English: Part B
- CRS331 Curriculum Studies – Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part B
- CRS332 Curriculum Studies – Geography: Part B
- CRS333 Curriculum Studies – History: Part B
- CRS334 Curriculum Studies – Mathematics: Part B
- CRS335 Curriculum Studies – Visual Arts: Part B
- CRS338 Curriculum Studies – Information Processes and Technology
- CRS340 Curriculum Studies – Music: Part B
- CRS341 Curriculum Studies – Drama: Part B
- CRS350 Curriculum Studies – Business Studies
- CRS352 Curriculum Studies – Studies of Religion
- EDU101 Foundations in Christian Learning and Teaching
- EDU102 Foundations in Christian Learning and Teaching
- EDU104 Literacy and Numeracy
- EDU105 Introduction to Academic Writing and Research
- EDU121 Critical Thinking for Effective Learning
- EDU124 Australian Indigenous and Multicultural Education
- EDU125 Cultural Diversity and Australian Indigenous Education
- EDU223 Inclusive Education
- EDU224 Inclusive Education
- EDU225 Childhood and Adolescent Development
- EDU226 Childhood and Adolescent Development
- EDU231 Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting
- EDU232 Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting
- EDU235 Well-being and Engagement
- EDU320 Cross Curricular Pedagogies
- EDU322 The Self-Reflective Educator
- EDU332 Learning and Teaching in Community Contexts
- EDU333 Learning and Teaching in Community Contexts
- EDU340 Learning and Teaching through ICT
- EDU341 Differentiated Curriculum and Learning Management
- EDU342 Learning and Teaching through ICT
- EDU343 Educational Psychology
- EDU344 Educational Psychology
- EDU345 Equity, Diversity and Differentiation
- EXP211 Professional Experience 1
- EXP212 Professional Experience 2
- EXP311 Professional Experience 3
- EXP312 Professional Experience 4
If you’d like to contact Stephen, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.