Masters of Educational Studies
Graduate Diploma of Teaching
Bachelor of Arts
Associate Diploma in Theology
Stephen is a member of the Faculty of Education, Arts and Social Science and specialises in the following areas: Children , Christian Spirituality , Education , Humanities , Research .
Stephen studied for three years at theological college and completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Queensland prior to training as a primary teacher and then as a teacher-librarian. Initially teaching in public schools, he then worked in the Christian school sector for more than 20 years as a curriculum officer, principal, head of primary and teacher-librarian in a number of Christian schools. During this time Stephen wrote curriculum for schools including a Bible syllabus entitled: K-6 Bible Teaching Program and also units of work for HSIE and Science from a Christian perspective entitled: Discovering the Great South Land, Settling a New Land and God Created the Heavens.
Prior to joining the staff at Alphacrucis College, Stephen was an adjunct lecturer in Christian tertiary education. Currently, he is doing a PhD at the University of Newcastle entitled "Transformational Education: A case study of three Christian schools", researching how three diverse Christian schools engage their students in understanding and applying the transformational teachings of the Bible to their lives.
Stephen is a member of the Australian College of Educators.
- CRS103 - Language and Literacy
- CRS104 - Numeracy and Literacy
- CRS202 - History and Geography: Part A
- CRS203 - English: Part A
- CRS211 - Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part A
- CRS212 - Science and Technology: Part A
- CRS214 - Mathematics: Part A
- CRS221 - Creative Arts: Part A
- CRS302 - History and Geography: Part B
- CRS303 - English Part B
- CRS311 - Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part B
- CRS312 - Science and Technology: Part B
- CRS314 - Mathematics: Part B
- CRS321 - Creative Arts: Part B
- EDU101 - Foundations in Christian Learning and Teaching
- EDU124 - Australian Indigenous and Multicultural Education
- EDU223 - Inclusive Education
- EDU224 - Inclusive Education
- EDU225 - Childhood and Adolescent Development
- EDU231 - Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting
- EDU320 - Cross Curricular Pedagogies
- EDU322 - The Self-Reflective Educator
- EDU332 - Learning and Teaching in Community Contexts
- EDU343 - Educational Psychology
- EXP211 - Professional Experience 1
- EXP212 - Professional Experience 2
- EXP311 - Professional Experience 3
- EXP312 - Professional Experience 4
Stephen's current research interests are education, the Christian school movement in Australia, biblical foundations for Christian schooling, worldviews and their impact on education.
Masters of Educational Studies (Christian College of Higher Education)
Graduate Diploma of Teaching (North Brisbane College of Advanced Education)
Bachelor of Arts (University of Queensland)
Associate Diploma in Theology (Baptist Theological College of Queensland)
Brinton, S. (2016). Learning again what it is to teach. Eternity, 7516.
Brinton, S. (2016). Transformational Education or Not!. Crucis, . | Link to journal
Brinton, S; Dixon, S, Berg, van den S (1990). Discovering the Great South Land. Christian Community Schools Ltd, Wentworthville, Sydney.
Brinton. S (1989). Bible Teaching Program. Christian Community Schools Ltd, Wentworthville, Sydney.
Brinton, S (1988). God created the heavens. Christian Community Schools Ltd, Wentworthville, Sydney.
If you’d like to contact Stephen, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.