Mr Stephen BrintonLecturer in Education; Program Director: Bachelor of Education (Primary and Secondary)/Diploma of Arts
Contact Stephen Brinton
Stephen studied for three years at theological college and completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Queensland prior to training as a primary teacher and then as a teacher-librarian. Initially teaching in public schools, he then worked in the Christian school sector for more than 20 years as a curriculum officer, principal, head of primary and teacher-librarian in a number of Christian schools. During this time Stephen wrote curriculum for schools including a Bible syllabus entitled: K-6 Bible Teaching Program and also units of work for HSIE and Science from a Christian perspective entitled: Discovering the Great South Land, Settling a New Land and God Created the Heavens.
Prior to joining the staff at Alphacrucis College, Stephen was an adjunct lecturer in Christian tertiary education. Currently, he is doing a PhD at the University of Newcastle entitled "Transformational Education: A case study of three Christian schools", researching how three diverse Christian schools engage their students in understanding and applying the transformational teachings of the Bible to their lives.
Stephen is a member of the Australian College of Educators.
Masters of Educational Studies (Christian College of Higher Education) 1998
Graduate Diploma of Teaching (North Brisbane College of Advanced Education) 1979
Bachelor of Arts (University of Queensland) 1978
Associate Diploma in Theology (Baptist Theological College of Queensland) 1978
Stephen's current research interests are education, the Christian school movement in Australia, biblical foundations for Christian schooling, worldviews and their impact on education.
Field of Research
- 1301 Education Systems
- 1302 Curriculum and Pedagogy
- 1303 Specialist Studies in Education
- 1399 Other Education
- Brinton, S; Dixon, S, Berg, van den S (1990). Discovering the Great South Land. Christian Community Schools Ltd, Wentworthville, Sydney.
- Brinton. S (1989). Bible Teaching Program. Christian Community Schools Ltd, Wentworthville, Sydney.
- Brinton, S (1988). God created the heavens. Christian Community Schools Ltd, Wentworthville, Sydney.
- Brinton, S. (2016). Transformational Education or Not!. Crucis, . | Link to journal
- Brinton, S. (2016). Learning again what it is to teach. Eternity, 75 16.
American Educational Research Association (since 2014)
Australian Christian Schools Library Network (since 2015)
Australian College of Educators (since 2017)
Australian Library and Information Association (since 2012)
Christian Educators’ Professional Association (since 2013)
Scholarly Christian Educatiors’ Group (since 2015)
- CRS103 Language and Literacy
- CRS104 Numeracy and Literacy
- CRS202 History and Geography: Part A
- CRS203 English: Part A
- CRS211 Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part A
- CRS212 Science and Technology: Part A
- CRS214 Mathematics: Part A
- CRS221 Creative Arts: Part A
- CRS302 History and Geography: Part B
- CRS303 English Part B
- CRS311 Personal Development, Health and Physical Education: Part B
- CRS312 Science and Technology: Part B
- CRS314 Mathematics: Part B
- CRS321 Creative Arts: Part B
- EDU101 Foundations in Christian Learning and Teaching
- EDU124 Australian Indigenous and Multicultural Education
- EDU223 Inclusive Education
- EDU224 Inclusive Education
- EDU225 Childhood and Adolescent Development
- EDU231 Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting
- EDU320 Cross Curricular Pedagogies
- EDU322 The Self-Reflective Educator
- EDU332 Learning and Teaching in Community Contexts
- EDU343 Educational Psychology
- EXP211 Professional Experience 1
- EXP212 Professional Experience 2
- EXP311 Professional Experience 3
- EXP312 Professional Experience 4
If you’d like to contact Stephen, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.