Dr U-Wen LowLecturer in Biblical Studies, Program Director - Master of Arts, Graduate Diploma of Arts, Graduate Certificate of Arts
Contact U-Wen Low
U-Wen began theological studies at the University of Divinity in 2007, progressing through to an Honours year in 2013 and subsequently beginning his PhD in 2014, completing it in 2017 and graduating in 2018. He has previously worked as a youth pastor at Melbourne's CityLife Church. He is passionate about seeing students develop and grow in their faith and wisdom through studying the Bible and theology. He is married to Danielle, and enjoys a variety of hobbies including woodturning, cycling, bagpipe playing and reading.
PhD (University of Divinity (Whitley College))
Dissertation Title Revelation as Drama: Reading and Interpreting Revelation through the lens of Greco-Roman Performance 2017
BA / BTh (Hons) (University of Melbourne / University of Divinity)
Dissertation Title Framing Revelation as Drama 2012
B. Th. (Whitley College) 2011
New Testament; Book of Revelation; Postcolonialism; Visual Exegesis; Performance Criticism; Pentecostal Theology; Greco-Roman History; Archaeology
- U-Wen Low (2019). An Apocalypse That Welcomes Others? Reading Revelation Peacefully In Anthony Rees, Things that Make for Peace: Traversing Text and Tradition (forthcoming) (pp. ). Lexington Books.
- U-Wen Low (2019). Then I Saw: The Influence of Albrecht Durer’s Apocalypse as Paratext. Religion and the Arts, Volume 23, Issue 4 341-359.
- U-Wen Low (2019). Towards a Pentecostal, Postcolonial Reading of the New Testament. Journal of Pentecostal Theology, forthcoming.
- U-Wen Low (2018). A Millennial Talks Back: Practical Theology as a potential strategy for engaging Australian Millennials in churches?. Journal of Contemporary Ministry, No. 4.
- U-Wen Low (2014). ‘What have the Romans ever done for us?’ Postcolonialism, mimicry and hidden transcripts in the book of Revelation. Pacifica, Volume 27, Issue 3 253-270.
Creative Production or Composition
- U-Wen Low (2018). But what about when I don’t hear God’s call?. .
ANZATS (since 2016)
Fellowship of Biblical Studies (since 2014)
Society for Asian Biblical Studies (since 2016)
Society of Biblical Literature (since 2014)
- Tanja Tuovinen, How can a Pentecostal reading of Luke 4:18-19 inform our approach to Spirit Christology? (Masters Project/Thesis), 2018
If you’d like to contact U-Wen, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.