Dr Van ShoreLecturer
Contact Van Shore
Van is married to Heazle and they have two adult children, Ben married to Lani and Amy married to Seng. Van loves to laugh and celebrate with others their uniqueness in God and enjoys walking, bird watching, tennis and good food. He has almost 20 years of pastoral ministry and teaching experience.
In 2009, Van was selected along with a number of New Testament scholars throughout Australia to write a chapter in The Content and Setting of the Gospel Tradition (Eerdmans, 2010). Dr Mark Harding and Dr Alana Nobbs co-edited the work. Van's chapter was called "The Titles of Jesus".
In 2011, Van also authored two books: The Art of Not Disappearing (River Publishing, UK), and in 2011-2012, while living in Bangkok, he wrote his second book, The Art of Not Getting Lost on the Way Home. This was prior to joining the staff at the Alphacrucis College.
PhD (University of QLD)
Dissertation Title Ears to Hear in the Book of Revelation 2003
MTH (University of QLD)
Dissertation Title More Than a Prophet: John the Baptizer 1999
Exegetical work on the New Testament, particularly with an emphasis on the Gospels, Paul and the book of Revelation. Other areas of research which stimulate examination within a Theological frame, relate to Christian Identity and Christian Spirituality. These areas relate very much to what it means to be an authentic human being. In addition, Encountering God through the Prayers of the Bible.
- Shore, V. (2013). The art of not getting lost in the way home. River Publishing Media Ltd, Kent: UK.
- Shore, V. (2011). The art of not disappearing. River Publishing Media Ltd, Kent: UK.
- Shore, V. (2010). The Titles of Jesus In Mark Harding; Alana Nobbs, the Content and Setting of the Gospel Tradition (pp. 417-436). William B Eerdmans Publishing Company: Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- ANL151 New Testament Greek 1
- ANL251 New Testament Greek 2
- ANL402 New Testament Greek I
- ANL402(MCS) New Testament Greek I
- BIB201 Biblical Hermeneutics
- BIB251 Johannines
- BIB252 The Prison Epistles
- BIB355 Revelation
- BIB502 Interpreting Scripture Today
- BIB550 Reading the Synoptic Gospels
- BIB551(MCS) New Testament Letters
- BIB601 Methods in Biblical Studies
- CON510(MCS) Biblical Field Study
- MIN102 Christian Spirituality
- RES601 Research Methods
- XXX391 Research Project
- XXX392 Advanced Seminar
- XXX580 Independent Study in XXX
- XXX582(MCS) Colloquium in XXX
If you’d like to contact Van, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.