Dr Vangjel ShoreSenior Lecturer
Contact Vangjel Shore
Dr Van Shore has 16 years of pastoral ministry experience, prior to gaining his MA; MTH and PhD at the University of Queensland and taking up the position of Head of New Testament Studies at Garden City College of Ministries for eight years. Following the changes to the Garden City College with the new impetus with the Hillsong Church, he continued to mentor the pastoral staff as the Pastor of Spiritual Formation. He also took on the role of oversight of the Hillsong Evening College on the Hillsong Brisbane Campus.
In 2009, Van was selected along with a number of New Testament scholars throughout Australia to write a chapter in The Content and Setting of the Gospel Tradition (Eerdmans, 2010). Dr Mark Harding and Dr Alanna Nobbs co-edited the work. Van's chapter was called "The Titles of Jesus". In 2011, he also authored two books: The Art of Not Disappearing (River Publishing, UK), and in 2011-2012, while living in Bangkok, he wrote his second book, The Art of Not Getting Lost on the Way Home. This was prior to joining the staff at the Alphacrucis College. Since, 2013, he is the Senior Lecturer in New Testament, NT Greek, Spiritual Formation and Theology at Alphacrucis College in Brisbane.
PhD (University of QLD)
Dissertation Title Ears to Hear in the Book of Revelation 2003
MTH (University of QLD)
Dissertation Title More Than a Prophet: John the Baptizer 1999
Grad Dip (Theology) (University of Queensland) 1997
Dip.DivMin (Sydney Missionary and Bible College) 1978
The book of Revelation; Christian Spirituality - The Fourth Gospel; aspects of Pauline Theology.
Exegetical work on the New Testament, particularly with an emphasis on the Gospels, Paul and the book of Revelation. Other areas of research which stimulate examination within a Theological frame, relate to Christian Identity and Christian Spirituality. These areas relate very much to what it means to be an authentic human being. In addition, Encountering God through the Prayers of the Bible.
Field of Research
- 2204 Religion and Religious Studies
- Shore, V. (2013). The art of not getting lost on the way home. River Publishing Media Ltd, Kent: UK.
- Shore, V. (2011). The art of not disappearing. River Publishing Media Ltd, Kent: UK.
- Shore, V. (2010). The Titles of Jesus In Mark Harding; Alanna Nobbs, The Content and Setting of the Gospel Tradition (pp. 417-436). William B Eerdmans Publishing Company: Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- ANL151 New Testament Greek 1
- ANL251 New Testament Greek 2
- ANL402 New Testament Greek I
- ANL402(MCS) New Testament Greek I
- BIB201 Biblical Hermeneutics
- BIB251 Johannines
- BIB252 The Prison Epistles
- BIB352 Romans and Galatians
- BIB355 The Book of Revelation
- BIB502 Interpreting Scripture Today
- BIB550 Reading the Synoptic Gospels
- BIB551(MCS) New Testament Letters
- BIB562 Romans and Galatians
- BIB601 Methods in Biblical Studies
- CON510(MCS) Biblical Field Study
- MIN102 Christian Spirituality
- RES601 Research Methods
- XXX391 Research Project
- XXX392 Advanced Seminar
- XXX580 Independent Study in XXX
- XXX582(MCS) Colloquium in XXX
If you’d like to contact Vangjel, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.