Dr Yong Sun YangHead of Theology Korean Language Program
Contact Yong Sun Yang
- Research Interests
- Research Publications
- Contact Yong Sun
Yong-Sun Yang has an academic training in Mathematics, Economics, Philosophy, and Theology. He was born in South Korea and came to Australia in 1993 after 2 years of study in Japan. He lives in Sydney with his wife, Mi-Hea, three daughters, So-Ra, So-Ri, and Ha-Neul, and one son, Jeong-Hun.
PhD (University of New South Wales)
Dissertation Title Economics and Theology of Salvation in Adam Smith and Hegel 2009
MTh (Sydney College of Divinity)
Dissertation Title The Uniqueness of Jesus in a postmodern world 2001
BTh (Sydney College of Divinity) 1999
BA (Universtiy of Sydney) 1996
BSc (Seoul National University) 1984
A Systatic Approach into Science and Spirituality
An Interdisciplinary Study on the Theology of Sharing
Critical Study of Kenneth E. Hagin’s Prosperity Theology within the context of the Korean Australian Diaspora from perspective of the understanding of the Cross
A Critical research of the Perspectives on Life After Death
Theology, Multiculturalism, Economic theology and Philosophy.
- Yang, Yong Sun (2012). Economies of Salvation: Adam Smith and Hegel. Peter Lang. Oxford.
- Yang, Yong Sun (Ed.) (2009). Korean Methodist Church in Australia and New Zealand. Hermit Kingdom Press. Highland.
- Yang, Yong Sun (2008). Journeys in Biblical Studies In , Economics and Theology of Salvation (pp. 34-57). New York. Hermit Kingdom.
- Yang, Yong Sun (2008). Journeyies in Biblical Study In , The Uniqueness of Jesus as the Beauty of Harmony among Us (pp. 96-117). New York. Hermit Kingdom.
- Yang, Yong Sun (2015). The Oxford Handbook of Christianity and Econmics (Book review). Journal of the History of Economic Thought, 37:4 pp. 626-629.
- Peace and Reconciliation in Ease Asia (prisiding and interpreting not presenting) (2016), Korea-Japan-China Theological Forum, Kyoto, Japan, 18 Nov 2016
- How to do multicural theology (2016), Hannam University, 21 Nov 2016
- Yang, Y. S.(2021). A critical review on Pierre Teilhard de Chardin’s evolutionary understanding of the humanity of Jesus in the evolutionary process of consciousness. Text and Context, 5.
- Yang, Yong Sun (2015). A Review on The Oxford Handbook of Christianity- book review. Text and Context, 2 255-260.
- Yang Yong Sun (2016). Theological Implication of the Rising Multicultural Community.
AAR (since 2015)
KSST (since 2015)
NATTI (since 2015)
Society of Biblical Literature (since 2015)
- CON401(MCS) Ethics in Context
- CON500(MCS) Christian Thought and Culture
- CON502(MCS) The Sociology of Christian Community and Practice
- CON504(MCS) World Religions
- RES101 Introduction to Academic Writing and Research
- RES401(MCS) Critical and Creative Thinking
- RES501(MCS) Research Project
- RES503(MCS) Integrated Project
- SOC202 Global Poverty
- THE101 Christian Worldview
- THE201 Christian Ethics
- THE202 Christ and Salvation
- THE203 Trinity and Creation
- THE221 Theology of Social Justice
- THE315 Theology and Popular Culture
- THE320 Theology and Psychology
- THE401(MCS) Theological Horizons of Worldview
- THE501(MCS) Christ and Salvation
- THE502(MCS) Trinity
- THE503(MCS) Church in the Power of the Spirit
- THE504(MCS) Theology and Popular Culture
- THE506(MCS) Theology and Economics
- THE550(MCS) Influential Contemporary Theologians
- THE551(MCS) Seminar in Theological Issues
- THE601 Theologians: Method and Meaning
- THE602 Seminar Presentation of Theological Research
- XXX390 Independent Guided Study
- XXX391 Research Project
- XXX392 Advanced Seminar
- XXX580 Independent Study in XXX
- XXX582(MCS) Colloquium in XXX
- Park Tae Kyoung, Relationship between Conversion and Holy Spirit (Masters Project/Thesis), 2021
- Sun Ju Kim, Reinterpretation of Theodociy of C.S. Lewis (Masters Project/Thesis), 2021
- Hwang Sam Young, An Investigation of the Influence of the Sing of 666 on Salvation (Masters Project/Thesis), 2021
- Heesuk Kim, A critical analysis on Cavin's understaning of salvation (Masters Project/Thesis), 2020
- Yihwa Kim, An alaysis into Korean-Australian's theological idenity from the perspective of marginality (Masters Project/Thesis), 2020
- Junho An, A Critical Approch into Bonhoeffer's Understanding of Pietism (Masters Project/Thesis), 2019
- Kim, Y.H., Bilical Meaning of Freem and Its Application to Ministry (Masters Project/Thesis), 2019
- Jin, Y.H., Paul's Justification by Faith (Masters Project/Thesis), 2019
- Paul, Lim, An Interdiscipliniary Study on the Theology of Sharing (Doctoral Thesis), 2019
- Lee, K.D., The role of church for the elderly people in Korean church communites (Masters Project/Thesis), 2016
- Park, K.Y., An analysis into the theology of Uchimura's understanding of church (Masters Project/Thesis), 2016
- Park, Y.S., The movement of heretics in Korean churches (Masters Project/Thesis), 2016
- Kang, H.S., An analysis of the role of Mattehw's character in the Gosepl (Masters Project/Thesis), 2016
- Kang, H., Biblical analysis into the relationship between economic wealth and spirituality (Masters Project/Thesis), 2016
- Park, J.W, The role of natural theology for social morality (Masters Project/Thesis), 2016
- Kim, G.T, The future of worship in a postmodern society (Masters Project/Thesis), 2016
- Lee, D.B., An alaysis into the meaning of life and death in church history. (Masters Project/Thesis), 2016
- Park, J.W., A Chritian Response on the Modern Biotechnologies (Masters Project/Thesis), 2015
- Kim, D.J., The Meaning and Role of House Church Ministries (Masters Project/Thesis), 2015
- Park, K.Y., A Research on the Phenomenon of Speaking in Tongues (Masters Project/Thesis), 2015
- Yi, K.C., A Comparative Study on Correlation between Confusian Values and Christian Ethics (Masters Project/Thesis), 2015
- Ahn, H.J., The Role and Nature of Holy Spirit (Masters Project/Thesis), 2015
- Shin, H.Y., An Exploration of the Meaning of 'Makarios' in Relation to the Poor in Spirit (Masters Project/Thesis), 2014
- Son, Y.H., A Theological Approach to the Meaning of Anxiety (Masters Project/Thesis), 2014
- Lee, D.B., The Role and Limit of Spiritual Gifts: the Spirit and Love (Masters Project/Thesis), 2014
- Bae, Y.K., An Anysis of Asian Theolgies (Masters Project/Thesis), 2014
- Kim, K.S., Whitehead and Levinas' Theological Persepectives on Theodicy (Masters Project/Thesis), 2014
- Kim, S.K., The Relationship between Worship and Music (Masters Project/Thesis), 2014
- Yu, J., The Doctrine of Faith in John Calvin, Karl Barth and Korean Reformed Church Theology (Doctoral Thesis), 2014
If you’d like to contact Yong Sun, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.