- Great team culture
- Convenient location near public transportation, flexibility for remote working
- Location: Parramatta, Sydney, Australia
- Part Time Permanent (4 Days per week)
** Candidates must have an ongoing and unrestricted right to work in Australia to apply for this position **
About this Opportunity
To provide ongoing support to students in HHS VET and HE DIploma programs with their academic participation and progress, and professional placement, as well as supporting functions of the School of Health & Human Sciences. The Coordinator will work proactively with students to support their learning, and assist with the student placement process, liaising with students, academic staff and placement organisations, to ensure appropriate requirements are met. The Assistant will also support functions of the School of HHS to facilitate the effective program delivery and support for academic staff.
The role requires building strong internal and external relationships, maintaining and communicating a commitment to the mission of Alphacrucis College (AC).
Your new team
Alphacrucis University College (AC) is an accredited Christian higher education provider with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. AC’s main campus is in Sydney, Parramatta, with thousands of students throughout Australia and around the world, learning online or in mixed (online + Face to face) modes.
We offer qualifications from VET Certificates to Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees in Ministry, Theology, Business, Education, Social Science/Counselling, Music/Media and Chaplaincy. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
Student Development and Support:
- Work with Director of Undergraduate Studies, Program Director of VET programs, and other staff to ensure academic guidance and support is given to students
- Respond to current and potential student enquiries
- Monitoring and administration of student progress
- Administrative duties to ensure systems are maintained, e.g., extension requests, plagiarism log
- Assist with the maintenance of the Chaplaincy & Community Student Moodle pages
- Work with the Professional Placement Coordinator and Director of Studies to ensure the effective and efficient organisation and management of each student on professional placement.
- Liaise with placement organisations and relevant staff including placement supervisors
- Administer student placements, ensuring all relevant documentation is completed.
- Provide ongoing support for students on placements, ensuring access to supervision, and organise visits as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain up to date database of organisations able to offer placements, across all states and territories.
Support for School of Health and Human Sciences:
- Liaise with Head of School, Director of Undergraduate Studies & Program Director of VET programs, regarding systems and tasks requiring development and maintenance
- Support the ongoing work of the Undergraduate and VET team
- Liaise with other Undergraduate and VET staff to ensure effective communication and collaboration with the team
- Actively participating in College community life
- Representing the College to the Christian and Academic communities and general public as opportunity and occasion warrant
- Maintaining office hours at the relevant campus adequate to achieve necessary contact with students and fulfil academic responsibilities
- Fulfil other duties as required by supervisor
Required Skills and Proficiencies
- Completion of a Bachelor degree from an Australian university or other recognised Australian or international institution of higher education; candidates without a degree and with strong academic administration experience will be considered;
- Commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices and commitments;
- Evidence of successful administration in VET and higher education
- Demonstrated initiative and excellent organisation.
- High level of computer skills and passion for developing procedures and systems to meet a rapidly expanding faculty.
- Highly developed multi modal communication skills with excellent telephone manner and proven people skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Experience and existing networks in education are an advantage.
- Experience in working with students
- Understanding of Australian ASQA and TEQSA framework’s and standards
- Understanding of course structure and requirements of AC’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs in relevant School
- Understanding of pathways to and from AC’s VET and Undergraduate programs in relevant School
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with faculty, administrators, and external stakeholders where relevant
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and provide relevant information and support as required
- Excellent administrative skills
- Proven people skills grounded in a genuine respect for others and demonstrated in a range of contexts
- Excellent time management skills
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply for this role please click on the 'Apply Now' and complete the online application.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 25 FEB 2024 unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- If you have any enquiries regarding the details of this role, please email email@example.com
Candidates must have an ongoing and unrestricted right to work in Australia to apply for this position