- Great team culture
- Location close to transport hub, flexibility for remote working
- Part Time (22.8 Hours per week)
** Candidates must have an ongoing and unrestricted right to work in Australia to apply for this position **
About this Opportunity
The Director of Professional Experience is a role that requires flexibility, managerial and technical ability, and team-orientation. The Director is responsible for leading and managing the placement team and placement proceses as well as advising the Head of School and Directors of Studies around placement issues.
Your new team
Alphacrucis University College (AC) is an accredited Christian higher education provider with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. AC’s main campus is in Sydney, Parramatta, with thousands of students throughout Australia and around the world, learning online or in mixed (online + Face to face) modes.
We offer qualifications from VET Certificates to Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees in Ministry, Theology, Business, Education, Social Science/Counselling, Music/Media and Chaplaincy. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
- Manage the professional experience office and lead the professional experience team.
- Oversee the professional experience team’s responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Monitor the correct application of procedures and due processes around placement including Tertiary Supervision and school mentoring.
- Facilitate the resolution of individual student placement cases as they arise.
- Engage with accreditation and other peak bodies to ensure that Alphacrucis University College placements meet all compliance requirements.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to the School of Education leadership and placement team on placement requirements, processes and structures.
- Ensure that all the required documentation to support the placement of students in schools is available and kept up to date.
- Ensure that placement recording and documentation systems are developed and maintained.
- Supervise the professional experience placement team as they source and secure professional experience placements for all students engaged in pre-service teacher training programs at Bachelor and Masters levels.
- Oversee the Tertiary Supervision componment of placement, contract Tertiary Supervisors and ensure that all Tertiary Supervision processes and procedures in place and implemented.
- Assist the Head of School of Education to make decisions around placement support, interventions, conflict of interest and withdrawals.
- Oversee the correct completion, submission, processing and recording of relevant documentation for students’ professional experience placement.
- Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
Required Skills and Proficiencies
- Relevant qualifications in Education .
- Extended experience in tertiary education highly desirable;
- Experience in leading and managing successful workplace teams.
- Experience in organisational change management.
- Relevant previous PEX experience in a tertiary environment.
- Knowledge of PEX requirements.
- Extensive understanding of Australian School Education in general, and NSW education accreditation regimes in particular.
- Knowledge of current directions the Australian tertiary sector, as well as the role and place of Christian Tertiary in Australian Tertiary Sector.
- Knowledge of theory and approaches to Christian Education at the school and tertiary level desirable.
- Understanding of the mission of higher education and vocational training within the church.
- Proven academic and management skills, including demonstrated ability to plan, delegate, and provide leadership and direction;
- Proven experience in leading teaching, learning, scholarship and research, including curriculum development and modification;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage staff to achieve School and College growth and other goals;
- Professional approach with the ability to work under pressure;
- Organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, confident manner and a positive approach to change;
- Capacity to work in a fast-changing environment as the organisation adapts to growth;
- Current NSW WWCC.
- Committed Christian, involved in a local congregation with a faith that informs one's professional and personal choices and commitments;
- Commitment to the vision of Christian Education at the school and tertiary level;
- Professional approach
- Student centred training focus
- Organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive approach to change
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply for this role please click on the 'Apply Now' and complete the online application.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 22 FEB 2024 unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- If you have any enquiries regarding the details of this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must have an ongoing and unrestricted right to work in Australia to apply for this position