- Great team culture
- Convenient location near public transportation, flexibility for remote working
- Location: Parramatta, Sydney, Australia
- Part Time Fixed Term (4 Days per week, 2 years)
** Candidates must have an ongoing and unrestricted right to work in Australia to apply for this position **
About this Opportunity
This role is responsible for overseeing and implementing the operations of the School of Education and ensuring that supporting systems and information are in place and maintained to facilitate this.
Your new team
Alphacrucis University College (AC) is an accredited Christian higher education provider with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. AC’s main campus is in Sydney, Parramatta, with thousands of students throughout Australia and around the world, learning online or in mixed (online + Face to face) modes.
We offer qualifications from VET Certificates to Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees in Ministry, Theology, Business, Education, Social Science/Counselling, Music/Media and Chaplaincy. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
- Liaising with the Directors of Studies to set up the School of Education annual timetable.
- Working with the Directors of Studies to track student progressions which inform students of their enrolments and inform the timetable adjustments.
- Liaising with the Regional Directors and Education Support Officers to meet their specific hub teaching needs (i.e., timing of classes, appointment of teaching staff).
- Maintaining relevant databases.
- Assisting with the completion of reports for accreditation and other industry bodies.
- Liaising with the sessional and permanent teaching staff to determine availability and teaching times and confirm these with them each semester.
- Overseeing systems to assist with progression, timetabling, contracting and payment.
- Communicating key information to the sessional and other stakeholders regarding timetabling and teaching times.
- Setting up sessional staff and contractors payments and workloads in Coda.
- Processing of payments and reimbursements.
- Managing the setup of the School of Education Moodle shells for the start of each semester.
- Managing identified School of Education projects.
- Organising and participating in the various School of Education meetings as required.
Required Skills and Proficiencies
- Completion of Bachelors degree or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Successful experience in academic administration
- Proven management, people and communication skills.
- Knowledge of academic operations and planning.
- Knowledge of systems and data management
- Customer service focused: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels – written, phone and face to face.
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
- Commerciality: ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given and carry out administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner.
- Professional approach.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident manner.
- Positive approach to change.
- Willingness to learn
- Practicing Christian with active Church involvement
- Current NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Overnight/multisite stays away for work will be required to fulfil the requirements of the role
- Clean driving licence essential
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply for this role please click on the 'Apply Now' and complete the online application.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 1 MAR 2024 unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- If you have any enquiries regarding the details of this role, please email email@example.com
Candidates must have an ongoing and unrestricted right to work in Australia to apply for this position