- Great team culture
- Location close to transport hub, flexibility for remote working
- Full Time Permanent
** Candidates must have an ongoing and unrestricted right to work in Australia to apply for this position **
About this Opportunity
The key responsibility of this faculty position is to provide specialist oversight of the primary school subjects, to lecture in general education and primary school specific teaching subjects, to maintain currency in the discipline through research scholarship, and ensure a positive student experience.
Your new team
Alphacrucis University College (AC) is an accredited Christian higher education provider with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. AC’s main campus is in Sydney, Parramatta, with thousands of students throughout Australia and around the world, learning online or in mixed (online + Face to face) modes.
We offer qualifications from VET Certificates to Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees in Ministry, Theology, Business, Education, Social Science/Counselling, Music/Media and Chaplaincy. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
- Oversight of the quality and currency of the primary school teaching subjects.
- Teaching (lecture preparation and delivery), marking and provision of assessment feedback to students within Higher Education programs in line with AC’s workload model (face-to-face and/or online).
- Subject development, co-ordination and administration.
- Monitoring, supporting, and encouraging students through active engagement inside and outside of formal learning times.
- School visits of students on professional experience.
- Supervision of research students as required.
- Continued professional engagement in the discipline area through ongoing scholarship and research.
- Representing the College to the Christian community and general public as opportunity and occasion warrant.
- Maintaining office hours adequate to achieve necessary contact with students and fulfil academic responsibilities.
- Pursing an active research and scholarship agenda in area of expertise.
- Actively participating in Alphacrucis University College community life.
Required Skills and Proficiencies
- Completion of a doctorate (or imminent completion) in the relevant discipline from an Australian university or other recognised Australian or international institution of higher education.
- Primary School Teaching experience and currency of research in this area.
- Commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices and commitments.
- Understanding of the mission of higher education within the church.
- Commitment to serving students.
- Evidence of successful teaching in higher education, and of scholarly and professional achievement.
- Currency in relevant disciplinary knowledge
- Understanding of Australian Higher Education sector and school systems.
- Ability to work with AC’s learning management system (Moodle) and general ability to interact with software relevant to one’s work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply for this role please click on the 'Apply Now' and complete the online application.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 23 FEB 2024 unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- If you have any enquiries regarding the details of this role, please email email@example.com
Candidates must have an ongoing and unrestricted right to work in Australia to apply for this position