Academic Director - NZ
Location: Alphacrucis College (AC), Penrose, Auckland, North Island NZ, New Zealand
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time FTE 1.0 (40 hours per week)
Opportunity for Academic Director to join dynamic team at ACNZ – a Christian College in the tertiary sector.
- Great team culture
- Higher Education sector
- Full-time role (5 days)
About this Opportunity:
Reporting to the National Director, the Academic Director will oversee the design, development and the delivery of quality academic programs delivered in class and online, that enable the continued growth of the College and equip students to make positive, transformative contributions to society.
This delivery is supported by relevant, innovative, and nationally disseminated learning and teaching practices, research and scholarship, program development, and oversight of the academic operations of the College.
Your new team:AC is at the forefront of equipping leaders for careers of influence in theology, ministry, business, leadership, music, chaplaincy, and community services. As the national ministry training college of Australian Christian Churches since 1948, and the national accredited college of the Assemblies of God New Zealand, tens of thousands of our graduates are making a difference for Jesus in churches, businesses, government, classrooms and not-for-profit organisations.
The key responsibilities of the Academic Director include overseeing the academic management, integrity, and activities of ACNZ to ensure that excellent standards of delivery and research are achieved and compliance with relevant regulatory bodies maintained. Other responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Enhance and develop programs delivered efficiently and effectively, serving needs of students, stakeholders and NZQA accredited standard body to ensure a high level of academic integrity;
- Liaising with the relevant AC academic departments and providing appropriate leadership to ensure adherence of ACNZ to AC’s policies to meet educational performance outcomes;
- Provide inspirational leadership and supervision to academic faculty to align with the vision of the College;
- Contribute to the professional development of faculty; participate in hiring, managing and development of AC faculty in NZ;
- Ensure that ACNZ faculty are contributing to AC research and scholarship;
- Maintain quality management and embedded self-assessment practices to ensure continuous improvement, as part of AC’s overall quality assurance system;
- Analyse government policy initiatives to ensure that the College responds rapidly and effectively to changes in the education marketplace;
- Participate in executive functions as required by membership on the ACNZ Executive Committee and/or as directed by National Director;
- Manage AC academic reporting requirements to governing bodies;
- Provide programme management and lecturing if and as required.
To be successful for this position you will have:
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission of tertiary education within the church;
- A Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline aligned with the courses offered by the College;
- Relevant experience in higher education, including teaching, administrative and accreditation experience;
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership within a tertiary education environment;
- Successful track record in fostering and implementing change;
- A high level of interpersonal communication skills and ability to work independently;
- The ability to work as part of a team with a strong spirit of co-operation.
- Credentials in the A/G NZ or other Pentecostal denomination;
- Knowledge of NZQA and TEC reporting requirements an advantage;
- Knowledge of web-based learning management systems, such as Moodle;
- Knowledge of student management systems, such as Wisenet.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources. The cover letter MUST address the above criteria and include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organizational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation)
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon at HR.Team@ac.edu.au.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 25th November 2020, unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **