Alumni Relations Officer
Location: Sydney (Parramatta), work from home
Employment Type: Part time, 2 days a week
- A strategic role in an organisation with a purpose
- Location close to transport hub, flexibility for remote working
- Part-time (16 hours per week)
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students with a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in business, chaplaincy, counselling, education, ministry, music and theology from campuses in every Australian capital, online and via international partnerships.
AC is looking for a part-time Alumni Engagement/Relations Officer to join us to help spearhead our Alumni Relations efforts.
About this role :
The Alumni Relations Officer will be responsible for laying the foundation for AC’s alumni relations as AC progresses towards a university.
The initial scope will be work closely with the Marketing team to develop engaging communications and content (via e-newsletter, social media) as well as support the alumni benefits and annual giving programs.
In addition, the role will have a strong focus with the maintenance of AC alumni database and events.
Reporting to Vice President of Advancement, this role will work closely with the Director of Marketing. We anticipate that this position will commence in late March 2021. The successful candidate must be flexible with working times.
- Ensure the alumni database is up to date and able to be utilised effectively. This includes coordinating and managing the cleaning of existing alumni databases, and working with various departments to ensure training / process/ systems are in place to update the alumni database with the correct details (e.g. contact information, work status, location details, year and course of study, engagement areas and activity etc);
- Engage with and identify alumni who wish to be more actively involved with AC through personal contact, events, alumni surveys, AC social media channels and via AC staff and faculty.
Alumni communication and campaigns
- Work closely with AC Marketing team to develop communication strategies and content which inspire and engage the alumni network;
- Plan for AC’s pending University College status as a catalyst to reach out to alumni, including (but not limited to):
- A quarterly e-newsletter
- Alumni pages/groups on AC’s website and social media accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Alumni events in each state
- Proactively manage the content and timing of publication for website and/or social media, particularly in relation to alumni stories, alumni events, giving campaigns and university status updates.
- Develop a calendar of events focusing on alumni engagement in each state;
- Coordinate events with each states’ staff, including:
- Run sheets and briefing notes
- Invitations and guest lists
- Venue booking and coordination
- Catering requests
- Marketing and promotion
- Post-event analysis, including gathering feedback from participants
- Attendance at some events is required, which may include after hours and/or weekend work.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, advancement, faculties and student services to understand where there may be opportunities for alumni involvement in giving, ongoing education and professional development and mentorship/internships. Coordinate internally and with alumni to make recommendations and propose budgets for longer term Alumni Engagement strategy.
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- Excellent administration, organisational and project management skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate and build rapport with a diverse range of stakeholders both internally and externally to deliver successful events/programs/services to Alumni;
- High level of computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft suite, particularly Excel;
- Experience in using, managing and maintaining active CRM tools and databases (Salesforce);
- Experience with social media (Facebook, LinkedIn) and marketing automation tools (Salesforce, HubSpot, or similar);
- Trustworthy when dealing with confidential and sensitive information;
- Experience in event management;
- Committed to the Christian faith that informs one’s personal and professional life;
- A Bachelor degree would be favourable;
- Ideal candidate would be an AC alumni.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. Please address the required skills and proficiencies listed above in your application.
- Role is open until positions filled.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **