Director of Graduate Studies - School of Education
Location: Sydney (Parramatta) campus
Employment Type: Full-time role (5 days)
- Great team culture
- Location close to transport hub
** Candidates must have an ongoing and unrestricted right to work in Australia to apply for this position **
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world. AC provides courses in ministry & theology, education, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
About this Opportunity:
The Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) is responsible for the effective functioning of the postgraduate programs in the School. Working closely with Faculty Operations and Student Experience teams, the DGS provides oversight for postgraduate programs and their delivery in AC’s various campuses and modes.
This is a full-time position based in the Sydney (Parramatta) campus.
The key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Fulfil a key leadership role in the School of Education’s leadership team.
- Ensure that the School of Education’s graduate programs are of high quality and meet accreditation requirements.
- Along with Head of School and relevant Discipline Leaders, provide leadership for the improvement of postgraduate programs, including structure, pathways, and enrolments.
- Produce relevant reports for the annual academic report.
- Represent the School’s postgraduate students in HE Student Affairs committee.
- Participate in grade monitoring, monitor students’ course progression following internal monitoring of grades process, including determining the outcome of any student appeal for non-progression.
- Where relevant, participate in the admission process of special or provisional admission of a student.
- Advise students on their study pathways and monitor student progression.
- In conjunction with registry and faculty operations teams, check eligibility of students to graduate.
- Appoint external examiners for externally marked projects, where relevant.
- Confirm supervision arrangement for supervised projects, where relevant.
- Review documents related to reported instances of student misconduct.
- Participate in the timetabling process
To be successful for this position you will have:
- Completion of a doctoral degree from an Australian university or other recognised Australian or international institution of higher education; candidates with Masters degree and strong academic leadership experience will be considered;
- Commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices and commitments;
- Track record of research and teaching in relevant disciplinary area
- Successful experience in academic administration
- Experience working with different stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience in working with students
- Understanding of Australian higher education framework and standards
- Understanding of course structure and requirements of AC’s postgraduate programs in relevant School
- Understanding of pathways to and from AC’s postgraduate programs in relevant School
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with faculty, administrators, and external stakeholders where relevant
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and provide relevant information and support as required
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strategic thinking and planning skills for continuous improvement of postgraduate programs
- Proven people skills grounded in a genuine respect for others and demonstrated in a range of contexts
- Excellent time management skills
HOW TO APPLY:
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources via email to HR team, email@example.com. The cover letter MUST address the above criteria and include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- This position description can also be viewed at https://www.ac.edu.au/job-opportunities/
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 15 February 2022, unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.