Director of VET Programs (Business)
Location: Sydney (Parramatta), work from home
Employment Type: Permanent Part-Time FTE 0.8 (30.4 hrs / 4 days per week)
- Great team culture
- Location close to transport hub
- Part-time (4 days per week)
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, education, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
About this role :
The Director of VET Programs (Business) is responsible for the leadership and management of the VET Business Department. This part-time position is based in the Sydney campus.
The key responsibilities of the Director of VET Programs (Business) include (but are not limited to):
- Providing leadership and oversight of business and related programs, and generally overseeing the delivery of these awards;
- Development, improvement and preparation for accreditation and re-accreditation of the awards, ensuring continued compliance with relevant government standards;
- Coordinating course offerings in the relevant programs, such as calendars and timetables in consultation with lecturers and training venues;
- In consultation with the marketing department, focus on the growth of the programs and implement strategies to ensure this growth occurs;
- Teaching (lecture preparation and delivery), marking and provision of assessment feedback to students within business and related programs as required;
- Oversee the provision of academic advice by the relevant faculty;
- To monitor student progress and retention issues, and report and advise on these to the Vocational Education Student Affairs Committee;
- To evaluate requests and administer the transfer credits, manage academic appeals, and ensure that those applying for graduation have satisfied the program requirements;
- Continued professional engagement in the discipline area by ongoing study and research;
- Representing the college to the Christian community and general public as opportunity and occasion warrant;
- Participating in the various faculty and organisational committees as required.
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- Proven leadership, people and communication skills;
- Completion of a vocational qualification related to business;
- Completion of, or willing to complete, the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- Commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices and commitments;
- Evidence of successful training in vocational, education and training, and current business experience;
- Understanding of the mission of vocational and higher education in the church and its allied arms;
- Successful experience in academic administration;
- Understanding of VET systems and processes, and experience in ensuring compliance thereto.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. Please address the required skills and proficiencies listed above in your application.
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon at HR.Team@ac.edu.au.
- Role is open until positions filled.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **