DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH
Salary: Level D or E
Employment Type: 0.4 to full-time (negotiable with responsibilities, negotiated accordingly)Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students with a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry and theology, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
Director of Research is responsible for leadership and oversight of AC Research
including strategy and implementation of research initiatives that support the
College’s strategic goals. AC Research encompasses all of AC’s research
initiatives and activities and Higher Degree Research (HDR) programs. The Director of Research reports to the Vice
President Academic and supervises the HDR Program Director and Research
The key responsibilities of the Director of Research include (but are not limited to):
- Provide strategic leadership and development of AC’s research agenda, particularly with AC’s goal of achieving University status in mind;
- Work collaboratively with Deans and other academic leaders within the College to enhance the profile and outputs of AC Research;
- Build enthusiasm and momentum amongst AC faculty for research that will support AC’s strategic goals;
- Define and implement initiatives to measure and report the impact of AC Research;
- Organise professional development workshops in research-related topics such as publishing, manuscript preparation, research supervision, and grant application;
- Implement programs/initiatives to facilitate research activity;
- Draft and manage the budget for AC Research, including accountability for research outputs related to budget expenditure;
- Encourage and facilitate the establishment of disciplinary research clusters/projects;
- Committee involvement in academic governance (e.g. Research Committee, Academic Board);
- Represent AC in appropriate external research forums.
To be successful for this position you will have:
- Earned doctorate from an Australian university or other recognised Australian or international institution of higher education;
- Evidence of recent scholarly research in his or her discipline (e.g. contribution to refereed journals, publication of reviewed monographs, major editorial responsibility for reference works or anthologies, delivery of papers at learned and/or professional conferences, colloquia or similar forums, etc);
- Successful experience in academic administration at the college or university level incorporating strategic planning and development and administering of budgets;
- Understanding of the research system in Australia including relevant Higher Education Standards, government approaches to collecting and reporting research data, ERA processes, grant opportunities etc.;
- Proven people-skills grounded in a genuine respect for others and demonstrated in a range of contexts including administrative teams and internal and external constituencies;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and constituents, and commitment to open and collegial leadership;
- Commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices and commitments;
- Understanding of the mission of higher education within the church.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To be considered for this opportunity, send your
resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human
Resources Coordinator / Recruitment, HR@ac.edu.au. This MUST include detail on your capacity to be part of a
Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith,
values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian
- Enquiries relating to this position can be sent directly to Sharon.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 28th January 2019, unless filled prior to this date.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **