Educational Support Administrator
Faculty of Business, Arts, Social Sciences and Education (FBASE)
Location: Sydney (Parramatta)
Employment Type: Casual 3 days (approx. 22 hours per week)
- Great team culture
- Location close to transport hub
- Casual role (approx. 22 hours per week)
About this Opportunity:
The Educational Support Administrator is a key administrative team member of the Faculty of Business, Arts, Social Sciences and Education (FBASE), and reports to the Associate Dean of Education Development. This casual position is based in the Sydney (Parramatta) campus.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, education, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music, from campuses in every Australian capital, and international online delivery. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
The key responsibilities of the Educational Support Administrator include (but are not limited to):
1. Administrative Responsibilities:
- Manage the administrative elements of the School of Education Learning Management System (LMS).
- Support School of Education Academic Program Directors in managing the academic programs, including, but not exclusively:
- Sessional /Lecturers engagement
- Annual/Semester accountabilities
- Assist Sessionals / Lecturers with administration or academic tasks
- Support the faculty administration accountabilities, including, but not exclusively: finances, sessional lecturer contracts.
- Support in specific application and enrolment processes e.g. ensuring educational mandatory
requirements have been processed
- Support students by being attentive to their professional accreditation pathways
- Engage with and assist in tracking the administrative progress of Initial Education (ITE)
students, for example:
- Monitor the timeliness and effectiveness of student assessment uploads to the LMS
2. Support Initial Teacher Education students with general LMS content and process matters as they arise
3. Assist in ensuring all routine School of Education administration is judiciously addressed, and other duties as required by the Associate Dean, Education Development (or to their delegate/s, in most instances the Academic Program Directors).
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. The cover letter MUST address the above criteria and include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon at HR.Team@ac.edu.au.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 4th October 2020, unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **