Future Students Officer - WA
Employment Type: 2-year Fixed Term, Full-Time FTE 1.0 (38hrs / 5 days per week)
- Dynamic team culture, people-facing role in an organisation with a purpose
- Location close to transport hub, flexible work-from-home arrangements possible
- 2-year Fixed Term, Full-time role (5 days)
About this Opportunity:
The Future Students Officer is an essential role to interact students, matching their needs with AC courses, and guiding them in their application to AC’s Diploma, Bachelor or Masters courses. There are fixed term fulltime positions available in our Sydney (Parramatta) campus, with some flexibility of being able to work from home for up to 50% of the time (maximum).
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in business, chaplaincy, counselling, education, ministry, music and theology, with campuses in every Australian state, online and via international partnerships.
AC is growing and we are looking for student recruiters to join us for our next stage of expansion. Join our young, dynamic team (Friday lunches, weekly office activities) in a critical people-facing role.
The key responsibilities of the Future Students Officer include (but are not limited to):
- Achieving new student application and enrolment targets ;
- Being the “voice” of AC and the first point of human contact for future students;
- Following up on warm leads; fleshing out their goals and matching them with the right AC course;
- Answering questions and supporting future students on their online applications;
- Attending AC Open Days (physical and virtual);
- Occasional travel to attend career expos, conferences, and school/church visits to engage with future students (this may involve a small amount of local travel).
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills;
- A strong drive for personal achievement and success, comfortable and motivated by targets;
- Proven experience in a phone-based consultative sales environment; with a high level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, and the ability to be focused and assertive in managing conversations;
- Organised and detailed-oriented in follow up and tracking activities in AC’s CRM system (Salesforce);
- A passion for education;
- Committed to the Christian faith that informs one’s personal and professional life;
- A Bachelor degree would be favourable, but not essential.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. The cover letter MUST address the above criteria and include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon at HR.Team@ac.edu.au.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 4th October 2020, unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **