Head of Education
Location: Sydney (Parramatta)
Employment Type: Full Time FTE 1.0
- Great team culture
- Location close to transport hub
- Full-time role
- Commencement January 2021 (earlier start negotiable)
About this Opportunity:
The Head of Education is responsible, within Faculty reporting requirements, for coordinating Education curriculum design and delivery, building Education research culture and outputs, and implementing Faculty strategy at School level. Within approved Faculty budgets and policy, the Head will coordinate resourcing, talent acquisition and retention, source external engagement for the School as is approved by the Dean, and for ensuring alignment of the school with Faculty objectives, College policies and external standards. The incumbent works with the Manager of Faculty Business to manage the allocated budget and expenditure and is accountable for the financial sustainability of the School. The position of Head of Education is part of the overall Faculty Leadership Group comprising the Dean, Associate Deans, Faculty General Manager, and all other Heads of Schools. The incumbent is responsible for implementing such Faculty strategy as is approved, and such teaching, learning and research activities as is agreed in School and Faculty planning.
This full-time position is based in the Sydney (Parramatta) campus, with the view to commence January 2021.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, education, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
The key responsibilities of the Head of Education include (but are not limited to):
1. Faculty management
- Oversees and ensures efficient compliance, operation and necessary developments across all education degrees, programmes and related activities.
- Oversees development programmes of new degree and awards.
- Ensures ongoing quality and of existing academic programmes.
- In consultation with the Dean and the Manager of Faculty business, ensures smooth running of education HR, timetabling and budgets.
- Provide high quality, energetic academic leadership, and demonstrate personal scholarship and research.
- Facilitate research and scholarship amongst students and staff.
- Identify and implement strategies for personal and professional development, seeking further academic qualifications and/or publications, and keeping abreast of relevant academic and industry developments.
3. External Activities
- Maintain and enhance the reputation of the College and the School of Education through regular positive interaction with approved peers, external stakeholders, and industry bodies.
- Facilitate professional networks with schools and employers to assist students to identify and secure employment opportunities.
- Contribute to the College’s overall marketing strategies, particularly as relates to Faculty concerns.
- Develop and promote Professional Development programs to schools and associations.
To be successful for this position you will have:
- Commitment to the Christian faith, involved in a local congregation with a faith that informs one's professional and personal choices and commitments.
- A Doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Proven academic and strategic leadership and high-level management skills, including demonstrated ability to plan, delegate, and provide leadership and direction.
- Proven experience in leading teaching, learning, scholarship and research, including curriculum development and modification.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and manage staff to achieve School and College growth and other goals, in a substantial academic enterprise.
- An understanding of the requirements of teacher professional experience particularly in relationship to Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APSTs).
- An understanding of current and emerging trends in education and teacher education including familiarity with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) accreditation requirements.
- Technological literacy and experience in developing and delivering face to face, blended learning and online education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and confidence in presentations to groups.
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, staff, and administrators, including pastoral skills in mentoring staff and supporting students.
- Demonstrable experience as strategic thinker with proven ability to both prioritise critical goals and execute strategies in the successful achievement of goals within budget and time frame constraints.
- Demonstrable working relationships with Christian and state school education industry and other relevant stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Child Protection Policies and Procedures and holder of a current Working with Children’s Registration and National Police Certificate.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply equal opportunity principles and work health and safety principles in the workplace.
- Demonstrated high standard of interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, coupled with a commitment to lifelong learning.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. The cover letter MUST address the above criteria and include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon at HR.Team@ac.edu.au.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 31st August 2020, unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **