Head of School for Pathway Programs
Location: Sydney (Parramatta)
Employment Type: 2-year fixed term FTE 1.0 (5 days per week)
- Great team culture
- Location close to transport hub
- 2-year fixed term role (5 days)
About this Opportunity:
The Head of School will provide managerial leadership to an academic division (School), working closely with the DVP Faculty and Director of Faculty Operations to oversee the effective functioning of teaching, scholarship and program development within the School. The School for Pathway Programs incorporates such programs as AC’s VET in Schools (VETiS) programs and tertiary preparation/English language/pathway programs that will enable domestic and international students at AC to effectively transition into study.
This is a 2-year fixed term position (5 days a week) based in the Sydney (Parramatta) campus.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, education, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
The key responsibilities of the Head of School for Pathway Programs include (but not limited to):
- Provide leadership and managerial oversight of the School, its staff and its operations, including strategic planning for the school in alignment with the College’s strategic plan and objectives;
- Oversee VET in Schools course development and accreditation, including the pursuit of state government funding opportunities;
- Collaborate with the Director of Faculty Operations in the School’s budget, staffing, and timetabling activities;
- Provide cultural leadership to the School, ensuring alignment with the College’s ongoing mission, vision, and values;
- Manage key partner relationships relevant to the School’s programs, particularly as they pertain to developing pathways into AC’s courses;
- Encourage growth within the School through a focus on program development and improvement, and collaboration with the College’s marketing and development functions by identifying market needs for new programs and any gaps in existing pathways;
- Participate in academic activities in disciplinary area of expertise including teaching, research, research supervision, and scholarship, as agreed with supervisor;
- Represent the School in appropriate forums or bodies within and outside of College, where relevant;
- Work collaboratively with other Heads of School to sustain efficiencies and flourishing amongst AC’s faculty members;
- Manage direct reports and delegate managerial supervision of faculty, including sessionals.
To be successful for this position you will have:
- Completion of an earned doctorate from an Australian or recognised international higher education institution preferred; candidates with a Masters degree and strong track record of working in pathway programs will be considered;
- Experience in academic leadership, with a proven track record of developing pathway programs or other academic preparation programs;
- Experience in managing a team toward successful outcomes;
- Understanding of the mission of higher education and vocational training within the church;
- Understanding of Australian vocational sector and relevant disciplinary requirements as they relate specifically to pathways into higher education courses;
- General understanding of budgeting, staffing, and timetabling processes;
- Excellent communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively with academics and administrators;
- Ability to manage people effectively, and to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines;
- Ability to assess sector or market needs and identify pathway solutions;
- Proven people skills grounded in a genuine respect for others and demonstrated in a range of contexts;
- Commitment to AC’s vision and to serving the local church through AC’s faculty activities;
- Commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources, at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. Please address the required skills and proficiencies listed above in your application.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 16th September 2021, unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **