Head of VET Early Childhood Education Programs
Employment Type: Fixed Term Part-Time FTE 0.4 (2 days per week, 15.2 hours)
- Great team culture
- Location negotiable
- Fixed term part-time role (2 days per week)
About this Opportunity:
The Head of VET Early Childhood Education Programs is responsible for the leadership and management of the Early Childhood Education Programs.
This is a 12-month fixed term part-time position (2 days a week) with a negotiable location.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, education, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
The key responsibilities of the Head of VET Early Childhood Education Programs include (but not limited to):
- Providing leadership and oversight of Early Childhood Education Programs, and generally
overseeing the delivery of these awards;
- Development, improvement and preparation for accreditation and re-accreditation of the awards,
ensuring continued compliance with relevant government standards;
- Coordinating course offerings in the relevant programs, such as calendars and timetables in
consultation with lecturers and training venues;
- In consultation with the marketing department, focus on the growth of the programs and implement strategies to ensure this growth occurs;
- Teaching (lecture preparation and delivery), marking and provision of assessment feedback to
students within Early Childhood Education Programs and related programs as required;
- Oversee the provision of academic advice by the relevant faculty;
- To monitor student progress and retention issues, and report and advise on these to the Vocational
Education Student Affairs Committee;
- To evaluate requests and administer the transfer credits, manage academic appeals, and ensure
that those applying for graduation have satisfied the program requirements;
- Continued professional engagement in the discipline area by ongoing study and research;
- Representing the college to the Christian community and general public as opportunity and
- Participating in the various faculty and organisational committees as required.
- Undertake such training, formal or informal, as the line manager determines is necessary for the development of the role.
To be successful for this position you will have:
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood);
- Working with Children Check;
- Proven leadership, people and communication skills;
- At least 3 years’ experience working in early childhood education centres, preferably leadership
positions in those roles;
- Completion of, or willing to complete, the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- Commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices and
- Evidence of successful training in vocational, education and training, and current chaplaincy or
pastoral care experience;
- Understanding of the mission of vocational and higher education in the church;
- Successful experience in academic administration;
- Understanding of VET systems and processes.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. The cover letter MUST address the above criteria
and include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e.
details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon at HR.Team@ac.edu.au.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 7
October 2020, unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **