International Business Development Manager,
Future Students Team
Location: Sydney (Parramatta), work from home
Employment Type: 2-year Fixed Term, Full-Time
- Dynamic team culture
- A people-facing role in an organisation with a purpose
- Location close to transport hub, flexible work-from-home arrangements possible
- 2-year Fixed Term, full-time
Your new team:
Alphacrucis (AC) is Australia’s newest University College, with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students with a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in business, chaplaincy, counselling, education, ministry, music and theology from campuses in every Australian capital, online and via international partnerships.
AC is growing globally, and we are looking for an International Business Development Manager to join us for our next stage of expansion.
About this role :
The International Business Development Manager is an essential role to the global growth of AC.
The purpose of the role is to increase the volume and quality of AC international students studying in AC’s Australian campuses, and online.
This role is also strategic because it will be involved in prioritising efforts and strategies across a range of target markets (eg Korea, Indonesia, Philippines, India) and channels (education agents, VET and ELICOS partners and faith-affiliated networks), for AC’s expansion in 2022 and beyond.
This full-time position is based in the Sydney, with flexibility of being able to work remotely for part of the time. Some international travel may be required in the future.
The key responsibilities of the International Business Development Manager include (but are not limited to):
- Build new relationships and maintain relationships with education agents (onshore and offshore), VET and ELICOS providers (onshore), partner colleges and faith-affliated networks;
- Develop a plan to build a scalable pipeline of international students, including defining and structuring partner KPIs, incentive programs and course pathway/articulation agreements;
- Provide ongoing training and relevant partner marketing support to partners, as well as handle incoming correspondence and enquiries from new potential partners agents;
- Supervise a small team of offshore representatives
- This role will also require recruiting international students directly via partner channels and events and include collaboration with Admissions team on applications, offers and enrolments, and the Academic Department to plan pathway and articulation agreements with other education providers;
- The key KPIs are achieving new international student enrolment targets, while ensuring internal stakeholders are working together for the good and progress of the students;
- Local travel to meet agents, attend career expos and conferences (initially onshore and offshore, beyond 2022 when borders open) will be a part of this role.
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- Demonstrated minimum of 3 years international student recruitment experience with an RTO or Higher Education provider, managing on-shore and off-shore agents and partners;
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively, with a strong drive for personal achievement and meeting KPIs;
- Ability to initiate and manage business and working relationship across a diverse group of cultures
- Natural ability to negotiate and creatively problem solve;
- A high level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills;
- Impeccable time management skills, and able to juggle multiple opportunities;
- Strong understanding of at least one of AC’s course offering areas (business, chaplaincy, counselling, education, ministry, music and theology);
- Solid understanding of the ESOS ACT;
- Alignment with the Christian college’s values and ethos, with a genuine passion for education and seeing students succeed;
- Bachelors degree would be favourable, but not essential;
- Nice to have : Bilingual – with a language reflecting one of the targets markets mentioned above
HOW TO APPLY:
- To be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at HR@ac.edu.au. Please address the required skills and proficiencies listed above.
- This position description can also be viewed at https://www.ac.edu.au/job-opportunities/
- Role is open until positions filled.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **