International Business Development Manager
Future Students Team
Location: Sydney (Parramatta)
Employment Type: 2-year Fixed Term, Full-Time FTE 1.0 (38hrs / 5 days per week)
- A global, strategic role in an organisation with a purpose
- Location close to transport hub, flexibility for remote working initially
- 2-year Fixed Term, Full-time role (5 days)
About this Opportunity:
The mission of International Business Development Manager is to increase the volume and quality of AC international students studying in AC’s Australian campuses, and online.
This role is target-driven and strategic because it will be involved in prioritising efforts and strategies across a range of target markets (e.g. Brazil, Korea, Indonesia, Philippines, China) and channels (education agents, partner colleges and church networks), for AC’s expansion in 2021 and beyond.
This full-time position is based in the Sydney, with flexibility of being able to work remotely initially. Some international travel required in the future.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in business, chaplaincy, counselling, education, ministry, music and theology, with campuses in every Australian state, online and via international partnerships.
AC has ambitions to grow globally and we are looking for an International Business Development Manager to join us for our next stage of expansion. Join our young, dynamic team in a critical growth role.
The key responsibilities of the International Business Development Manager include (but are not limited to):
- Plan, develop and implement international recruitment and marketing strategies, including
through building and maintaining relationships with education agents (onshore and offshore),
ELICOS providers (onshore), partner colleges and church networks (offshore);
- Handle incoming enquiries from new potential education agents;
- Regular visits to onshore education agents and ELIOS providers (initially Sydney and Brisbane) to
develop and manage relationships, as well as provide ongoing training, product information and
relevant marketing support;
- Work with Future Students Director on growing relationships with offshore church networks and
partner colleges to create suitable pathways, provide product information and relevant marketing
- This role will require presenting to and recruiting international students directly via partner
channels (social media, websites) and events (physical or virtual);
- It will also include collaboration with Admissions team on applications, offers and enrolments,
and the Academic Department to negotiate articulation agreements with other education
- The key KPI is achieving new international student enrolment targets, while ensuring all internal
and external clients and stakeholders are working together for the good and progress of the
- Occasional travel to engage with partners and future students may be required in the future
(when health and travel restrictions are relaxed).
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- Minimum 2-3 years international student recruitment experience with an RTO or Higher Education provider, managing on-shore and off-shore agents and partners
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively, with a strong drive for personal achievement and meeting KPIs;
- Ability to initiate and manage business and working relationship across a diverse group of cultures;
- Natural ability to negotiate and problem solve, handle complaints and difficult situations;
- Result focused and a creative thinker;
- A high level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills;
- Impeccable time management skills, and able to juggle multiple opportunities;
- Strong understanding of at least one of AC’s course offering areas (business, chaplaincy, counselling, education, ministry, music and theology);
- Committed to the Christian faith that informs one’s personal and professional life;
- Relevant Bachelor degree in marketing, international business or management;
- Nice to have : Bilingual - English and another language (reflecting one of the markets : Brazil, Korea, Indonesia, Philippines or China).
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. The cover letter MUST address the above criteria and include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon at HR.Team@ac.edu.au.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 4th October 2020, unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **