IT Application Manager
Location: Sydney (Parramatta) and/or Work from Home
Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent FTE 1.0 (36.75hrs / 5 days per week)
Award: Higher Education Industry – General Staff - Award
- Great team culture
- Higher Education sector
- Full-time role (5 days)
About this Opportunity:
One of the key strategies in AC IT is to make use of Software as a Service (SaaS) as our key and preferred method of application solution delivery. The IT Application Manager has primary responsibility for ongoing technical management and vendor management of one or more AC SaaS platforms, including upgrades and continuous improvement, in order to achieve optimal business Return on Investment for those platforms.
The initial focus of this new role is the new AC Student Management System, Quercus by Ellucian, the associated Payment Gateway (TouchNet), and the AC Integration solution (Jitterbit) that connects Quercus to other AC systems.
The role requires demonstrated understanding of and experience in the various forms of cloud-based application delivery including SaaS, a broad knowledge of IT Service Management / ITIL processes (particularly Incident and Change) and demonstrated success in aligning technology solutions with business requirements and value. IT vendor management experience and success, especially in a global vendor context, will be highly regarded.
Extensive interaction with the business owners of and key stakeholders in Quercus (Registry) is required, as many of the below technical Job Functions are done in close association with a business counterpart in Registry. Frequent interaction with all other key stakeholders and users of the Student Management System will be involved, as well as extensive interaction with the vendors. Some (virtual) meetings will therefore be required outside normal Australian business hours.
This full-time role is based in the Sydney, with flexibility of being able to work remotely for some of the time.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College (AC) is Christian college with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. AC has students worldwide, served via 7 campuses throughout Australia and New Zealand and via our online campus.
Whilst we are Christian in heritage and values, we welcome students of all worldviews. We offer qualifications from VET Certificate to Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees in Ministry, Theology, Business, Education, Social Science/Counselling, Music/Media and Chaplaincy. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
The key responsibilities of the IT Application Manager include (but are not limited to):
- Vendor management, including strong participation in regular (virtual) customer forums and at least monthly interaction with Ellucian Customer Success Management;
- Upgrade management (up to 20 planned upgrades p.a.), including technical management of changes for Australian compliance/ regulatory requirements (typically quarterly);
- Alignment with Quercus two-year roadmap for optimal AC business benefit, including regular technical “health checks” of SMS;
- Integration management, including continuous improvement to enhance the richness of information available across multiple AC systems;
- IT Service Management, including weekly reviews of outstanding Changes, Incidents, and Enhancement Requests;
- Continuous improvement of the AC SMS, including extensions to include other student management functions currently performed outside Quercus (typically in spreadsheets or bespoke web systems);
- Minor configuration of the solutions as required (major configuration would be done via formal capex Project, with external / vendor support);
- Technical management of changes for Australian compliance/ regulatory requirements (quarterly);
- Ongoing “clean-up” (archival / deletion) of legacy Student Management information not in Quercus;
- Management of the Quercus Ad Hoc Reporting facility across multiple AC stakeholders, and development of new reports if required.
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with strong business and/or IT component;
- Understanding of and commercial experience in cloud (SaaS) hosting models and SaaS vendor management;
- Commercial experience in contemporary application development and/or management;
- Demonstrated success in internal customer service and relationship management;
- Broad, holistic understanding of how IT is used to support and enable mission critical business activities;
- Broad understanding of the tertiary education sector desirable but not essential.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources. The cover letter should address the required skills and proficiencies listed above, as well as include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon at HR.Team@ac.edu.au.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 20th February 2021, unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **