Employment Type: Full Time FTE 1.0
About this Opportunity:
Alphacrucis College (AC) is seeking an IT Developer who will be responsible for a number of technical development tasks as part of a small inhouse IT team, supplemented by external expertise, in a hybrid environment of AWS, Software as a Service (SaaS), and on-premise platforms. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the focus of this role is on:
- Development and support of various PHP-based AC-developed capabilities;
- Development and support of Jitterbit-based integration capabilities between systems including Salesforce and Office 365;
- Development and support of custom Office365 facilities to enhance user productivity across the AC organisation;
- Technical administration and support of the Learning Management System (currently Moodle);
- Supporting the AC Web Developer in web development (Django / Wagtail).
This is an entry level position, suiting a recent graduate with 1-2 years commercial experience, and giving the opportunity to grow skills and capabilities in a broad and contemporary IT environment.
This full-time position is based in the Sydney (Parramatta) campus, with flexible working arrangements and the possibility of locating in other Australian state campuses also available.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, education, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
The key responsibilities of the PHP Developer include (but are not limited to):
- Technical development;
- Systems integration;
- Data cleansing / processing (ETL - extract / transform / load);
- Technical administration of the Moodle environment;
- Proactive improvement of usability and efficiency in AC technical facilities.
To be successful for this position you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, or equivalent;
- Basic understanding of, and demonstrated commercial experience and success in, PHP development and support is mandatory;
- Broad understanding of the tertiary education sector is desirable but not essential;
- Experience in Moodle is highly regarded.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR@ac.edu.au. The cover letter MUST address the above criteria and include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 26th June 2020, unless filled prior to this date.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **