IT Support Officer
Location: Sydney (Parramatta) and/or Work from Home
Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent FTE 1.0 (36.75hrs / 5 days per week)
Award: Higher Education Industry – General Staff - Award
Opportunity to “make a difference” to the Education and Research objectives of a rapidly growing national organisation in both the Higher Education and Vocational Education & Training sectors, whilst gaining support and management experience in a range of technical subject areas working with a range of international vendors.
- Great team culture
- Location close to transport hub, flexibility for remote working
- Full-time role (5 days)
About this Opportunity:
The IT Support Officer provides first level support for all IT and related infrastructure including workplace computing, networking, and audiovisual / videoconferencing systems, across all 7 AC national campuses and remote connections for staff and students. First level support is also provided for the application portfolio, comprising a mixture of in-house and cloud-based applications. The role liaises with second (internal / external) and third level (vendor) support to address all incidents and service requests in accordance with ITSM / ITIL methodologies.
For workplace computing, the role is responsible for planning, acquisition, leasing, installation and deployment of new equipment (and decommissioning of old equipment) to maintain the currency of the AC workplace fleet in accordance with policy. Ongoing patch and update management, and antivirus etc management, is also included.
The role is the day-to-day “face of IT” to the AC Business, and as such an in-depth understanding of the College and identification with its mission and objectives is critical.
This full-time role is based in the Sydney, with flexibility of being able to work remotely for some of the time.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College (AC) is Christian college with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. AC has students worldwide, served via 7 campuses throughout Australia and New Zealand and via our online campus.
Whilst we are Christian in heritage and values, we welcome students of all worldviews. We offer qualifications from VET Certificate to Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees in Ministry, Theology, Business, Education, Social Science/Counselling, Music/Media and Chaplaincy. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
The key responsibilities of the IT Support Officer include (but are not limited to):
- First level IT infrastructure and application support;
- Technical system administration;
- Workplace computing fleet management;
- Audiovisual / Videoconferencing support.
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- A minimum of a VET qualification in IT Support & Management is essential;
- Undergraduate degree is desirable but not essential;
- Technical accreditations (e.g. Microsoft) are desirable but not essential (support for applicable accreditations will be provided by AC);
- Commercial experience in the use and support of IT;
- Demonstrated success in internal customer service and relationship management;
- Broad, holistic understanding of how IT is used to support and enable mission critical business activities;
- Broad understanding of the tertiary education sector desirable but not essential;
- Highly capable interpersonal skills;
- Alignment with the Christian college’s values and ethos, with a genuine passion for education and seeing students succeed.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. In your cover letter please address the required skills and proficiencies listed above.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 21st May 2021, unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **