Leadership Research Assistant
Location: Sydney (Parramatta)
Employment Type: Casual
About this Opportunity:
AC is seeking a Leadership Research Assistant who can assist the President in producing high quality (world standard or above) research. AC has a vibrant and developing culture of research and scholarship, and this vital support role contributes to pivotal function.
This casual position is based from the Sydney (Parramatta) campus, with flexible working available.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, education, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
The key responsibilities of the Leadership Research Assistant include (but are not limited to):
- Seeking and gathering relevant information from libraries, books and journals, electronic information systems and other sources of information;
- Assisting the President in gathering and analysis of research data (qualitative and quantitative);
- Assisting the President with research grant applications;
- Assisting the President with Human Research Ethics applications;
- Proofreading and editing manuscripts;
- Assembling data and text for high quality research publications and popular publications;
- Initiating potential collaborative research projects with ACC and other organisations;
- Other projects as agreed to with the President.
To be successful for this position you will have:
- Completion of an earned Bachelor from a recognised institution of higher education;
- An understanding of the Australian higher education sector, particularly related to research activities;
- Commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices and commitments;
- Understanding of the mission of higher education within the church and commitment to the vision and mission of AC;
- Proven people and communication skills.
(These are performance categories. Specific targets will be agreed to annually)
- Accurate and efficient research assistance for the President;
- Accurate and efficient statistical data gathering and analysis;
- Successful grant applications;
- Effective information management;
- Compliance with Human Ethics Research guidelines;
- Research published with high ranking publishers and in popular publications;
- Effectiveness of building AC’s research culture through assisting the President in the organisation of production of research publications.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. The cover letter MUST address the above criteria and include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 14th September 2020, unless filled prior to this date.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **