Location: Sydney (Parramatta)
Employment Type: Part Time FTE 0.49 (18 hours per week)
- Great team culture
- Location close to transport hub
- Part-time role (18 hours per week)
About this Opportunity:
As a collaborative member of the Digital Learning team, the Learning Designer will function as an educational resource consultant to faculty on pedagogical issues associated with online subjects and hybrid (intensives and extensives). Working closely with faculty, the Learning Designer will help achieve subject objectives and learning outcomes and work with content and assessments provided by the subject matter expert to design a high-quality student learning experience.
In this capacity, designing and building online subjects for faculty will increase the scope and quality of Alphacrucis’ online offerings, and help advance the college mission.
This part-time position is based in the Sydney (Parramatta) campus; Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30am – 3:00pm, with some flexibility.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, education, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music, from campuses in every Australian capital, and international online delivery. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
The key responsibilities of the Learning Designer include (but are not limited to):
- Work closely with the Director and the Learning Design team with redesigning online subjects to maintain quality and uniformity in every school and campus of the college;
- Provide support to lecturers to ensure that all online, intensives, and on-campus subjects align with the Online Learning Consortium (OLC) and Quality Matters (QM) rubrics, and Alphacrucis’ digital learning standards and guidelines;
- Design and build compelling, innovative, and transformative online learning experiences for undergraduate and postgraduate students, in consultation with faculty. In this capacity, being able to listen closely to faculty input is crucial. To create applicable solutions in subject design that facilitate holistic student learning through online student community and collaboration, and foster student engagement with faculty, is the goal;
- Review assessment strategies to ensure that each class achieves defined, measurable objectives, and meet accreditation and accessibility standards;
- Basic knowledge of compliance requirements and jargon in the higher education sector;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An accredited Tertiary degree in education, instructional design, or e-Learning, or a minimum of 2 years of equivalent experience in a field relevant to designing online classes, digital education, or curriculum design
- Experience in online instruction and academic writing
- Experience and/or familiarity with multiple pedagogical theories and approaches to studentfocused online education and active learning
- Experience with and knowledge of various educational technologies
Required Knowledge and Proficiencies:
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse multi-functioning team, and contribute to a collaborative work environment;
- Experience in designing and delivering innovative online learning;
- Attention to detail, quality, consistency, and creativity while working on multiple tasks, are essential skills and abilities;
- Strong organisational, self-management, problem-solving, innovation, and creative skills;
- Proficiency in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication;
- Some knowledge of, and appreciation for, adult learning principles and experience in applying these to learning and content design;
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new educational technology ;
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, Moodle or other Learning Management Systems;
- Microsoft Office 365 proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (WCAG 2.1 AA standards) used in web page design and online education.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR@ac.edu.au. This MUST address the above criteria and include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 3rd June 2020, unless filled prior to this date.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **