Marketing Communications & Content Manager
Location: Sydney (Parramatta)
Employment Type: Full time
Who are we looking for:
At Alphacrucis College we are in the process of redefining ourselves and want someone who is excited by a challenge and passionate about content and communications. This role is strategic and hands-on, where you will get the chance to work intimately with the Marketing Director and senior leaders to set the tone and voice of the college, as well as being a 'Competent Generalist' in content creation, in particular content writing. You will be a creative and strategic thinker with proven skills in content creation, copywriting, social strategy, organic and paid social management, influencer marketing, and social/content performance reporting.
This full-time position will be based in the Sydney (Parramatta) campus, with the option of flexibility.
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- A love for developing new ideas/concepts and bringing them to fruition through collaboration with others;
- Professional experience in copywriting, content development and delivery across print, web, and social (ideally 5 years, minimum 3 years);
- Proven ability to build followings and optimise engagement on Websites, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Ability to write efficiently, creatively, concisely and accurately for various audiences;
- Willing to get your hands dirty;
- Ability to build solid relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager, Social media management/publishing tools (e.g. Agorapulse, Hootsuite) and Content management tools (e.g. WordPress) will be desirable.
The role / key responsibilities (no two days are alike!):
- Support and lead ideation and creation of content across all external communication:
- Print (prospectus, program leaflets)
- Digital properties (website, student blogs, landing pages, eDMs, banners)
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc)
- Deliver insight around content/social touchpoints as part of the consumer journey to inform our marketing strategy;
- Work with Marketing Director to create concepts, taglines, titles, and copy for campaigns (e.g. launch of new programs, courses, college/partner events);
- Source, create and schedule content across our website, email and social media;
- Iterate on digital creative based on trends and results such as click-throughs, conversions and other engagement metrics;
- Work with designers, videographers and students to create visually arresting, on-brand content such as original photography and videos, in particular for social feeds;
- Proof and edit outputs for grammar, spelling, tone and overall quality;
- Conduct basic SEO research and craft strategies for improving organic traffic;
- Lead the development and communication of brand guidelines college-wide;
- Support broader college and marketing / future student projects as needed.
Why should you work @ AC:
- Work for a company that makes a difference in people's lives, every day;
- Positive, encouraging work culture. We believe in autonomy with the right level of support when required;
- Option of flexible hours and location – whilst we are looking for a full-time permanent role, we are flexible on location. For ease of collaboration, we expect the candidate to work from our Parramatta office / campus for a minimum of 3 days a week, with location of the other 2 days flexible;
- For the right candidate, we may consider a contract role (30 to 40 hours contract per week);
- Potential growth in role and scope.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. This MUST include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon.
Candidates applying should include samples or links to their work
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **