Program Director of VET Programs (Chaplaincy & Community Services)
Location: Parramatta, NSW, Australia
Post Code: 2150
Job Category: Education and Training / Chaplaincy
Employment Type: Full time
Alphacrucis College is a leader of Christian higher and vocational education in Australia. We are currently seeking a Program Director of VET Programs (Chaplaincy & Community Services) to join our enthusiastic and committed Chaplaincy team, within the School of Social Sciences, at our Sydney Campus. The successful applicant will be responsible for the leadership and management of the VET and HE Diploma programs in Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care, and Community Services.
Working as part of this Christian organisation, Alphacrucis College staff will be able to participate in College life, staff and student events, and have opportunity to serve in the broader Alphacrucis College community.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree related to Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment; or willingness to complete
Skills and Qualities
- Proven leadership, people, and communication skills
- Evidence of successful training in vocational, education and training, and current chaplaincy or pastoral care experience
- Active commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices and commitments.
- Understanding of the mission of vocational and higher education in the church
- Successful experience in academic administration.
- Demonstrated initiative and excellent organisation.
- Highly developed multimodal communication skills and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Existing networks in chaplaincy, pastoral care and community services are an advantage.
Leadership & Management:
- Providing leadership and oversight of chaplaincy, community services and related programs
- Leading and managing academic and administrative staff to ensure the effective administration, development and provision of training, coordination of placements and support of students in the programs.
- Development, improvement and preparation for accreditation and re-accreditation of the awards, ensuring continued compliance with relevant government standards
- Coordinating course offerings in the relevant programs, such as calendars and timetables in consultation with lecturers and training venues
- Liaise with Head of School & Dean of Faculty regarding management, strategic direction and future growth of programs, and in conjunction with various departments of the College.
- Continued professional engagement in the discipline area by ongoing study and research
- Representing the college to the Christian community and public as required
- Participating in the various faculty and organisational committees as required.
- To monitor student progress and retention issues, and report and advise on these to the Vocational Education Student Affairs Committee
- To evaluate requests and administer the transfer credits, manage academic appeals, and ensure that those applying for graduation have satisfied the program requirements
- Teaching including lecture preparation and delivery
- Marking and provision of assessment feedback to students within Chaplaincy, Community Services and related programs as required
- Overseeing the provision of academic advice by the relevant faculty
Important: applicants must clearly address the “Essential Criteria” listed above in your cover letter or CV. Please send applications to email@example.com by the closing date of Monday 9th November 2020.