Location: Sydney (Parramatta)
Employment Type: Full Time FTE 1.0
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students with a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry and theology, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
Alphacrucis College (AC) is seeking an experienced Receptionist to join our Parramatta campus. Reporting to the Personal Assistant to the Vice President Operations (VPO) and Vice President Academic (VPA), the Receptionist is often the first point of contact for the college, interacting with Alphacrucis College staff across all campuses, as well as those external to the organisation. This role requires excellent communication skills, the capacity to multi-task and a high standard of personal presentation.
This is a full time role (36.75 hours per week) based in the Sydney (Parramatta) campus.
The key responsibilities of the Receptionist include (but are not limited to):
- Handling of incoming and outgoing calls in a professional and courteous manner;
- Providing general office administration support as required – incoming faxes/emails distributed on arrival;
- Collecting incoming mail from the Post Office box on a daily basis, mail sorting and distribution within AC, and post outgoing mail on a daily basis;
- Receiving payments for student fees;
- Managing onsite parking fees;
- Entering daily banking in Deposit Register as required for any incoming cash, cheque and credit card payments;
- Assisting with photocopying and faxing for staff and students;
- Monitoring the use of stationery and office supplies and reorder as necessary;
- Maintaining the presentation of the reception area, meeting room facilities and executive kitchen area;
- Making preparations for senior management and customer meetings as required;
- Performing tasks within the role as directed by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / QUALITIES:
To be successful for this position you will:
- Be highly responsible, punctual and reliable.
- Have the ability to manage, multi-task and follow through on administrative tasks.
- Be skilled at communicating politely and diplomatically, and the ability to communicate clearly with visitors, students and Alphacrucis staff.
- Have some familiarity with the Higher Education and VET environment.
- Maintain a positive attitude under pressure and flexibility when accepting tasks.
- Have commitment to the Christian faith and understanding of the mission of vocational and higher education within the church.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To be considered for this opportunity, send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. This MUST include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon, HR.Team@ac.edu.au.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 6th December 2019, unless filled prior to this date.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **