Location: Sydney (Parramatta), 2150
Employment Type: Full time, FTE 1.0 (36.75hrs / 5 days a week)
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced receptionist to work in a leading Australasian Christian College, within the Higher Education sector.
- Great team culture
- Location close to transport hub
- Full-time role (5 days)
About this Opportunity:
The Receptionist is often the first point of contact for the college, requiring excellent communication skills, the capacity to multi-task and a high standard of personal presentation.
This is a full-time position (5 days a week) based in the Sydney (Parramatta) campus.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, education, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
The key responsibilities of the Receptionist include (but not limited to):
- Handling of incoming and outgoing calls in a professional and courteous manner;
- Provide general office admin support as required – incoming faxes/emails distributed on arrival;
- Collect incoming mail from the Post Office box on a daily basis, mail sorting and distribution within AC, and post outgoing mail on a daily basis;
- Receive payments for student fees;
- Manage onsite parking fees;
- Enter daily banking in Deposit Register as required for any incoming cash, cheque and credit card payments;
- Assist with photocopying and faxing for staff and students;
- Monitor the use of stationery and office supplies and reorder as necessary;
- Monitor and respond to inquiries submitted on the Alphacrucis College Facebook and Instagram pages;
- Monitor and respond as necessary to Future Students emails;
- Data entry for marketing leads into the Salesforce platform;
- Prepare and update student room timetables for the screen display;
- Maintain the presentation of the reception area, meeting room facilities and executive kitchen area;
- Make preparations for senior management and customer meetings as required;
- Perform tasks within the role as directed by the supervisor.
To be successful for this position you will have:
- Highly responsible, punctual and reliable;
- Ability to manage, multi-task and follow through on administrative tasks;
- Ability to communicate clearly with visitors, students and Alphacrucis staff;
- Some familiarity with the Higher Education and VET environment;
- Commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices;
- Understanding and support of the mission of vocational and higher education training in the church
HOW TO APPLY:
- To be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources, at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. Please address the required skills and proficiencies listed above in your application.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 21st June 2021, unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **