Employment Type: Part Time Fixed Term Contracts
- Great team culture
- Part-time fixed term contracts
About this Opportunity:
AC is seeking Research Faculty who can contribute to AC in the areas of high quality (world standard or above) research in the fields of Business, Education or Leadership. AC has a vibrant and developing culture of research and scholarship, and Research Faculty are expected to contribute to that through publication and collegial engagement.
These part-time fixed term positions are based from the Sydney (Parramatta) campus, with flexible working available.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, education, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
The key responsibilities of the Research Faculty include (but are not limited to):
- Publication of research in high quality outlets in the broad FoRs: Division 15 Commerce, Management, Tourism and Services OR Division 13 Education;
- Supervision of HDR candidates;
- Mentoring of junior faculty in the areas of high-quality research and HDR supervision;
- Participation in building the research culture of AC.
To be successful for this position you will have:
- Completion of an earned doctorate from a recognised institution of higher education;
- Evidence of a strong or emerging research profile in one of the broad FoRs mentioned above;
- Evidence of scholarly and professional achievement;
- Commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices and commitments;
- Understanding of the mission of higher education within the church and commitment to the vision and mission of AC;
- Proven people and communication skills.
(These are performance categories. Specific targets will be agreed to annually)
- High quality research publication average of a certain number of points per year (based on fraction of appointment) in the broad FoRs mentioned above (A1 book = 5 points; B1 book chapter = 1 point; C1 journal article = 1 point);
- Successful supervision of HDR candidates to completion;
- Effectiveness of building AC’s research culture through constructive participation in research mentoring, events and activities.
This role could suit an experienced researcher or a junior researcher with an emerging research profile.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. The cover letter MUST address the above criteria and include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon at HR.Team@ac.edu.au.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 14th September 2020, unless filled prior to this date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **