Schools Business Development Manager,
Future Students Team
Location: Sydney (Parramatta), work from home
Employment Type: Full Time or Part time
- A strategic role in an organisation with a purpose
- 2-year Fixed Term, Full-time role (5 days)
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in business, chaplaincy, counselling, education, ministry, music and theology from campuses in every Australian capital, online and via international partnerships.
AC has ambitions to grow and we are looking for a Schools Business Development Manager to join us for our next stage of expansion. Join our dynamic team in a critical growth role.
About this role:
The mission of Schools Business Development Manager is to build relationships with NSW high schools (and affiliated school associations), in particular Christian and Independent schools, with the end goal to increase the volume and quality of school leavers choosing to study with AC.
This role is target-driven and strategic because we need someone who can credibly and confidently communicate with heads of schools, career advisors, year coordinators, as well as with high school parents and students.
This full-time position is based in the Sydney, with flexibility of being able to work remotely initially. Local travel within the state is required.
1. Develop and implement school relationship, recruitment and marketing strategies. This may involve the following:
- Calling ‘warm’ lists of school staff such as career advisors or senior year coordinators;
- Making school visits to establish and maintain relationships, provide college and
course information, as well as other relevant support to address needs of schools;
- Attending and presenting at School Career Expos (physical and virtual) and handling
enquiries from students and parents directly. Being the “voice” and “face” of AC and in
for future students from high schools;
- Handle incoming enquiries from new schools.
3. The key KPIs are achieving school leavers student application and enrolment targets for Diploma, Bachelor and VET in schools programs, while ensuring all internal and external clients and stakeholders are working together for the good and progress of the students.
4. Regular intra-state travel to visit schools, attend school career expos and conferences required.
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with schools, either as a teacher, chaplain or in a
- A passion for education;
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively, with a strong drive for personal achievement and
- Ability to initiate and manage business and working relationship across a diverse group of people;
- Natural ability to negotiate and problem solve;
- Result focused and a creative thinker;
- A high level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills;
- Impeccable time management skills, able to juggle multiple opportunities;
- Strong understanding of AC’s course offering areas (business, entrepreneurship, chaplaincy,
counselling, education, ministry, music and theology);
- Committed to the Christian faith that informs one’s personal and professional life;
- Organised and detailed-oriented in follow up and tracking activities in AC’s CRM system
- A Bachelor degree would be favourable.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR.Team@ac.edu.au. Please address the required skills and proficiencies
listed above in your application.
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon at HR.Team@ac.edu.au.
- Role is open until positions filled
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to high volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **