SESSIONAL LECTURERS IN ACCOUNTING
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
Alphacrucis College (AC) is the national college of the largest grouping of Australian Pentecostal churches, the Australian Christian Churches. AC provides courses in ministry & theology, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university,transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
Alphacrucis College (AC) is seeking additional sessional staff at our main Parramatta campus for accounting units in our Bachelor of Business program which recently received CA/CPA accreditation. We are looking for qualified accountants with a record of high quality teaching and commitment to the Christian mission of the College.
Possibilities exist for combining teaching with PhD studies at Alphacrucis as we are particularly looking for sessional lecturers with the capacity to develop into long-term members of academic staff with a research allocation.
For an outstanding candidate we would consider making an appointment to a fractional or fulltime associate lecturer or lecturer position.
The key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Teaching within Bachelor of Business program of the Faculty of Business
- Marking and provision of assessment feedback to students;
- Administration of face to face and online subjects (including Moodle administration, and reporting of data).
- Completion/near completion of a relevant Master’s or PhD Degree, plus completion of Bachelor Degree (essential).
- Record of high quality teaching
- Commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices and commitments, consistent with the identity of AC as a Pentecostal college.
- Evidence of administration and IT skills;
- Proven people and communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a brief letter explaining your interest in teaching at Alphacrucis and a CV to our recruitment officer Sharon Swalling, HR@ac.edu.au.