STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Location: Melbourne (Scoresby)
Employment Type: Part Time FTE 0.6Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students with a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
Alphacrucis College (AC) is seeking an experienced Student Support Services Officer to join our Scoresby campus. Reporting to the Campus Director, the primary focus of this role will be providing administrative support for the successful operation of the Melbourne campus. Responsibilities also involve being a key point of contact for students, from their first enquiry into study, through to orientation, study, graduation, and in their ongoing relationship with the college. Other key functions include providing basic academic advice, guidance and support, and enabling our students to successfully engage with campus life, and access relevant services. The Student Support Services Officer also interacts with, and facilitate events with staff, students, and other key AC stakeholders.
This is a part time role (22 hours per week) based in the Melbourne (Scoresby) campus.
The key responsibilities of the Student Support Services Officer include (but are not limited to):
- Staffing the student support centre at AC Melbourne campus, being
available for drop-ins, emails, tickets and phone call enquiries;
- Provide accurate and timely information and advice to commencing
and enrolled students in relation to their studies at AC;
- Assist the Campus Director in fostering and organising
a pleasant campus community environment, including: chapel, orientation, open
nights, graduation and social events, and overseeing the Student Representative
- Provide pastoral care, guidance, and academic tutorial service as
- Liaise with the Director of Student Services to gather
information, stay informed and implement systems related to Student Services;
- Monitor and report on student attendance and progress;
- Provide intervention and referrals for students in crisis or at
risk of discontinuing their studies;
- Facilitate effective relationships, interactions and communication
through activities, social media and other engagement strategies;
- Perform administrative support for the planning and facilitation of internal events (e.g. intensives, staff, and student functions) and external events (e.g. Public Lectures, Pastor’s Events, etc.);
- Liaising with AC Marketing Department regarding promotions, conferences, information nights and enquiries. Co-ordinate potential student enquiries and follow through to enrolment where possible;
- Perform administrative duties related to the running of the campus (i.e. ordering of stationary and consumables; overseeing the Essential Building Services register; equipment servicing, etc.);
Perform other duties as the Campus Director may require.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / QUALITIES:
To be successful for this position you will have:
experience in an academic setting (advantageous);
- Commitment to the Christian
faith and understanding of the mission of vocational and higher education
within the church;
people skills, with the ability to establish and nurture relationships;
- Skill at communicating politely and diplomatically;
- Excellent administrative and event management skills
- A positive attitude under pressure and flexibility when accepting tasks
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively, and skills in leadership, problem-solving, and written and oral communication;
high level of confidence and capability with technology.
HOW TO APPLY:
be considered for this opportunity, send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human
Resources Coordinator / Recruitment, HR@ac.edu.au. This MUST include detail on your capacity to be part of a
Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith,
values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian
- Enquiries relating to this
position can be sent directly to Sharon.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 3rd February 2019, unless filled prior to this date.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **