VET Programs Assistant (Chaplaincy)
Location: Sydney (Parramatta)
Employment Type: Permanent Part-Time FTE 0.6 (3 days per week)
- Great team culture
- Location close to transport hub
- Part-time role (3 days)
About this Opportunity:
The VET Programs Assistant (Chaplaincy) is responsible to assist in overseeing the implementation of AC Academic policies and procedures in the VET and HE Diploma Chaplaincy programs, and assist with the administration and oversight of the chaplaincy programs at AC.
This is a part-time position (3 days a week) based in the Sydney (Parramatta) campus.
Your new team:
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college, with campuses in every Australian capital and Auckland, and with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, education, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
The VET Programs Assistant (Chaplaincy) assists the Director of VET Programs (Chaplaincy) in the following key responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Assist in the leadership and oversight of the chaplaincy programs across all AC campuses, delivery modes and locations. This includes the development, improvement, re-accreditation of the awards and integration with AC’s broader suite of Programs;
- Assist in the coordination and administration of course offerings in the relevant programs and manage the day to day operations of the chaplaincy programs. This includes the documentation and continuous improvement of administration systems;
- Oversee and provide tutoring within the chaplaincy programs as required;
- Oversee the chaplaincy website promotional pages, ensuring information is current;
- Oversee and manage the marking and provision of assessment feedback to students in the chaplaincy and community services programs;
- Monitor Moodle assessment records regarding academic results of chaplaincy and community services students and liaise with Registry;
- Ensure students applying for graduation have satisfied the program requirements;
- General administration and other duties as determined by the Director of VET Programs (Chaplaincy);
- Participate in various academic, faculty and organisational committees as required;
- Represent the college to the Christian community and general public as opportunity and occasion warrant;
- Continued professional development in the discipline area.
To be successful for this position you will have:
- Completion of a relevant vocational qualification AQF 5 or higher, or experience related to community services, chaplaincy / pastoral care and willingness to complete a relevant award;
- Completion of, or willingness to complete TAE40116 Cert IV in Training and Assessment;
- Proven leadership, people and communication skills;
- Experience and proficiency in administration;
- Commitment to the Christian faith that informs one’s professional and personal choices;
- Understanding and support of the mission of vocational and higher education training in the church.
- To be considered for this opportunity send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Swalling, Human Resources at HR@ac.edu.au. This MUST address the above criteria and include detail on your capacity to be part of a Christ-centred organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement, or of your willingness to be part of a Christian organisation).
- Enquiries relating to this position can be directed to Sharon.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 10th July 2020, unless filled prior to this date.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position **