Details for Lead team effectiveness
Students will take part in a practical placement to lead a team and reflect on and apply skills and knowledge from the unit. Team leaders have an important leadership role in the development of efficient and effective teams both in work and ministry environments. They play a prominent part in team planning, supervising the performance of the team and developing team cohesion. They provide leadership for the team and bridge the gap between management of the organisation and the team members. As such, they must 'manage up' as well as manage their teams.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: BSBLDR403
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Wendy Cumberworth
Awards offering Lead team effectiveness
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Diploma of Leadership (Christian Work) (Australian Skills Quality Authority)
- Diploma of Ministry (Leadership) (Australian Skills Quality Authority)
- Diploma of Ministry (Pastoral) (Australian Skills Quality Authority)
- Certificate IV in Ministry (Leadership) (Australian Skills Quality Authority)
Students will take part in a placement at their church or an organisation that they're involved with. Their mentor there will help them with the placement and they will have assessments which they will have to complete in relation to their experience in leading the team.
This course may be offered in the following formats
Placement agreement, Portfolio (including training plan, organisational chart, goal setting, team plan, problem solving modules), Report/Self evaluation