Details for Supervised Placement
This subject provides opportunities for you to integrate theory and practice through a supervised work integrated learning placement. Successful completion of this subject and the Applied Social Science award will allow you to become provisional members of PACFA organisations. Placements may not take place in a previous placement context without the permission of the Program Director.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: EXP304
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Katherine Hurrell
The following courses are prerequisites:
- SSC304—Legal and Ethical Considerations and a relevant Police Check
Awards offering Supervised Placement
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Apply experience from previous work experiences, learning gained in the course, and growth from critical reflection on these to develop professional competence in a range of contexts;
- Recognise your role in the placement environment, using reflective practice to balance your strengths and limitations;
- Critically reflect on and evaluate your practice in line with current supervisors, addressing areas identified for growth from session to session;
- Employ self-discipline in professional and personal areas, work to a professional timetable and continue in the process of personal and professional development.
- Supervised practical experience which offers opportunity for observation, client contact, reflection and critical supervision
- Experience of the working practices of the placement context and operating within its administrative framework
- Opportunity to explore, discuss and share their personal growth in relationship to placement
- Participating in a professional supervised relationship
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Onsite (on campus)
- Online (e-Learning)
- Placement Log Book (40%)
- Supervision, PD and Research Portfolio (60%)
- Cleak, H.M., & Wilson, J. (2019). Making the most of field placement (4th ed.). South Melbourne: Cengage Learning Australia.
Please consult your instructor before purchasing any textbooks.