Details for Building Teams
This subject will grow your capacity for and knowledge of teamwork. The principles, theories and skills you will learn this semester are applicable in all spheres of teamwork including business and ministry.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: LEA520
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Daniel Thornton
Awards offering Building Teams
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Describe key elements for assessing effectiveness of teams within a Christian organisation;
- Compare and evaluate secular and Christian theories and models for team development in the light of biblical examples;
- Construct a plan for the development and implementation of a team-culture in a Christian organisation;
- Assess the effectiveness and application of various instruments used in team analysis;
- Describe performance barriers within a team and propose an effective means to address them.
- Definition and Reasons for Teams
- Distractions and Resistance for Teams
- Teams vs Groups
- Effective and Ineffective Teams
- Biblical Principles of Teams and Teamwork
- Teamwork Models and Applications in Ministry
- Building a Star Team
- Team Leadership
- Team Players
- Team Culture
- Building Capability
- Building Capacity
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (onsite)
- E-Learning (online)
- Reading and Interaction Exercises (20%)
- Minor Essay (30%)
- Essay (50%)
- West, M.A. (2012). Effective Teamwork: Practical Lessons from Organizational Research (3rd ed). Chichester: John Wiley & Sons.
Please consult your instructor before purchasing any textbooks.