Details for Governance, Law and Ethics
This subject deals with governance principles and policies for corporations, not-for profit organisations, schools and churches. It considers both the legal aspects of governance and ethical and theological perspectives.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: LEA550
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Adrian Glamorgan
Awards offering Governance, Law and Ethics
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
Upon completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Explain the historical, legal, ethical and theological contexts of governance.
- Critically evaluate governance arrangements in organisations.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the role of boards, and knowledge to function effectively as a board member, to work with boards, and to develop and evaluate boards.
- Assess current policy debates about governance, especially in relation to not-for-profit organisations, schools and churches.
- Contrast various models of governance, and critique governance structures and processes.
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Quiz (20%)
- Role-play (10%)
- Project (20%)
- Exam (50%)
Tricker, B. Corporate Governance Principles, Policies and Practices 2ndEdition. Oxford: OUP, 2012.
Please contact your lecturer before purchasing any textbooks