Details for Governance, Law and Ethics
This subject deals with governance principles and policies for corporations, not-for profit organisations, schools and churches. It considers both the legal aspects of governance and ethical and theological perspectives.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: LEA550
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Daniel Thornton
Awards offering Governance, Law and Ethics
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Explain the historical, legal, ethical and theological contexts of governance.
- Critically evaluate governance arrangements in organisations.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the role of boards, and knowledge to function effectively as a board member, to work with boards, and to develop and evaluate boards.
- Assess current policy debates about governance, especially in relation to not-for-profit organisations, schools and churches.
- Contrast various models of governance, and critique governance structures and processes.
- Principles - History
- Principles - Theories of Governance
- Principles - Law
- Principles - Ethical and Theological perspectives on Governance
- The Board, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
- Policies - Some Governance Models
- Policies – Governance arrangements in Corporations, NGOs and Churches
- Policies – Risk Management
- Policies – Being a Director
- Practices – Fraud Prevention and Audit
- Practices - Board Development and Evaluation
- Practices – NFPs, Schools, Churches
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Quiz (20%)
- Role-play (10%)
- Project (20%)
- Exam (50%)
- Tricker, B. Corporate Governance Principles, Policies and Practices 4th Edition. Oxford: OUP, 2019.
Please consult your instructor before purchasing any textbooks