Details for Postgraduate Research and Writing
New to higher education studies & it all seems too hard? Worried about writing essay papers? Or where to begin researching? Or you feel confident in writing, but want to learn the skills of evaluating the masses of information we are bombarded with? This unit is for you! It will give you the tools of how to succeed in your postgraduate academic studies. It will examine how you learn, plus challenge you to think deeper, wider and more creatively. It will also encourage you in how to critically evaluate and reflect on information.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: RES401
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: U-Wen Low
Awards offering Postgraduate Research and Writing
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse, synthesise, and critically engage with literature.
- Demonstrate broad understanding of academic writing as a genre and the process of research.
- Demonstrate broad understanding of methodologies, and underlying assumptions of different methods.
- Learning Styles
- Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Introduction to Research
- Academic Writing
- Referencing and Plagiarism
- Reference Software
- The Essay Writing Process
- Writing Skills
- Editing Skills
- Critical & Creative Thinking
- Quantitative Research
- Qualitative Research
- Christian Worldview
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (onsite)
- Distance/E-Learning (online)
- Essay x2 (30%)
- Essay (40%)